Why become a member? ×

Fender Custom shop Jazz Bass

civilian_project

[quote name='civilian_project' post='422357' date='Mar 1 2009, 01:44 PM']Sorry no photos right now i'll get them up asap though. theres not a mark on it though (thats not meant to be anyway)[/quote]

Yeah you need to put up photos if you want to sell a bass of this calibre because no doubt it aint gonna be cheap eh! and also for the benefit for those of us who just want to sit and drool over the pictures of it :)
Plenty of Fender heads on this forum who Im sure cant wait to see the photos!

isn't R + 5 digits a Japanese bass (or plate) ?
Can never work-out these CS basses: some seem to have the 'V' symbol on both the rear-headstock AND the neck-plate; others have it only on the rear-HS (?).
I think you need some better photos if possible (assume these are from a camera) as they don't do the finish etc. any favours....

[quote name='eubassix' post='424511' date='Mar 3 2009, 09:00 PM']isn't R + 5 digits a Japanese bass (or plate) ?
Can never work-out these CS basses: some seem to have the 'V' symbol on both the rear-headstock AND the neck-plate; others have it only on the rear-HS (?).
I think you need some better photos if possible (assume these are from a camera) as they don't do the finish etc. any favours....[/quote]
okay first up. i dont know enough about serial numbers on basses however the neck plate matches up with the hand Signed fender certificate as far as the finish goes its a relic, obviously it isnt quite as shiny as a new bass. any questions fire away i'll try and help. Cheers

Me either, I have had a couple of relics & both had R serial numbers, one a 4 digit & one a 5.

The Time Machine range don''t have the CS logo on the neck plate, AFAIK they are the only CS guitars not to have this.

I think the number of fake relics kicking around makes people twitchy.

Civi is spot on the is my Fender CS serial no R34873

[attachment=21478:4cb1_0.JPG]

[attachment=21477:4aba_35.JPG]

[attachment=21476:4bda_35.JPG]

[attachment=21479:4c1a_35.JPG]

:) Good Luck with the sale

Edited by richardd