Why become a member? ×

Fender Custom shop Jazz Bass

civilian_project

[quote name='civilian_project' post='425793' date='Mar 5 2009, 09:15 AM']that seems to be true..... i'd be after somethingg early mid 70s or a cs........ also it is for sale too so offers of any type pm me plesse :)[/quote]

Went up to Denmark St last week and played the most wonderful 55CS P Bass, in Mary Kaye White. The Bass was ultra light and the Neck very beefy.

Only trouble was that they wanted silly money for it!

[quote name='sixshooter' post='425866' date='Mar 5 2009, 10:23 AM']Went up to Denmark St last week and played the most wonderful 55CS P Bass, in Mary Kaye White. The Bass was ultra light and the Neck very beefy.

Only trouble was that they wanted silly money for it![/quote]
well this is it isnt it. i'm currently speaking to vintage and rare about a 71 and 73 they have.

[quote name='civilian_project' post='425909' date='Mar 5 2009, 10:55 AM']well this is it isnt it. i'm currently speaking to vintage and rare about a 71 and 73 they have.[/quote]
if this doesent go on here i'm gonna have to ebay it...... i'd rather not cos i'd like to see it go to a nice home where it'll be appreciated. lol :)

[quote name='civilian_project' post='425909' date='Mar 5 2009, 10:55 AM']well this is it isnt it. i'm currently speaking to vintage and rare about a 71 and 73 they have.[/quote]
if this doesent go on here i'm gonna have to ebay it...... i'd rather not cos i'd like to see it go to a nice home where it'll be appreciated. lol :)

[quote name='sixshooter' post='425866' date='Mar 5 2009, 10:23 AM']Went up to Denmark St last week and played the most wonderful 55CS P Bass, in Mary Kaye White. The Bass was ultra light and the Neck very beefy.

Only trouble was that they wanted silly money for it![/quote]

out of interest, how much? Yesterday

Yesterday, i picked up the 70' custom shop jazz on here. I have to say this is amazing, and a steal at £1000. Its all brand new even the case. The sound is something else. The custom shop stuff is a different bass alltogether from the normal stuff. I called fender shorty afetr i got it and gave them the serial number, and they confirmed what it was, so it may be a good idea for any boday interested on this to do that for there own peice of mind. I asked what the retail was and they said £3500! but knock off £700 for the shop. As mine is 100 run, he said it will always hold value as all the cs stuff. He also said custom shop basses are biult by hand by one guitar maker, and all hand wiered, and the woods are handpicked for tones etc. After my one, and you all know i have had some amazing basses, including this warwck, there is a certain thing that feels special about FCS. Good luck with the sale, and i will say that these basses have to be seen and played in the flesh cos in photos they look just like any other fender. Close up, its apparent that the woods and the neck are of the highest quality as is the feel and sound.

[quote name='greyparrot' post='427823' date='Mar 7 2009, 07:48 AM']He also said custom shop basses are biult by hand by one guitar maker..[/quote]

Only true if the bass is Masterbuilt. Most CS's are Teambuilt, which means a few bods are involved.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='427830' date='Mar 7 2009, 08:05 AM']Only true if the bass is Masterbuilt. Most CS's are Teambuilt, which means a few bods are involved.[/quote]

Cool mine may be then cos when i called fender they said one guy built it? any ways they are class, but to be honest this is the first one i have seen and played in the flesh.

[quote name='greyparrot' post='427838' date='Mar 7 2009, 08:29 AM']Cool mine may be then cos when i called fender they said one guy built it? any ways they are class, but to be honest this is the first one i have seen and played in the flesh.[/quote]

Even the Masterbuilt instruments are not built by one person, the build is "overseen" by one person....

My Mark Kendrick 66 Jazz Masterbuild (100 Ltd Ed) would have been built by a team and assembled by Mark. I know we all like the romance of it all... but how long do you think it would take one bloke to build a 100 Basses by hand !!!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='427841' date='Mar 7 2009, 08:34 AM']If it's MB, it'll say who built it on the certificate.

If I recall correctly, yours is a Teambuilt. That's not to belittle it in any way, as the TB stuff is excellent.

The MB stuff is very, very rare and incredibly expensive..![/quote]

Oh i c, there are many levels of fender stuff, from squirs right up to mater built. I did not know that (about the CS stuff), and although i been into fender the best part of 28 years, i never really even new about CS untill the last few week!! good to know this, and always learning.

Edited by greyparrot

[quote name='richardd' post='425444' date='Mar 4 2009, 07:18 PM']Civi is spot on the is my Fender CS serial no R34873

[attachment=21478:4cb1_0.JPG]

[attachment=21477:4aba_35.JPG]

[attachment=21476:4bda_35.JPG]

[attachment=21479:4c1a_35.JPG]

:) Good Luck with the sale[/quote]

Rich, that bass is stunning!!!! How long you had that? Is it the one from The Bass Emporium in the US?

Best

Mick

[quote name='Marcus' post='427843' date='Mar 7 2009, 08:38 AM']Even the Masterbuilt instruments are not built by one person, the build is "overseen" by one person....

My Mark Kendrick 66 Jazz Masterbuild (100 Ltd Ed) would have been built by a team and assembled by Mark. I know we all like the romance of it all... but how long do you think it would take one bloke to build a 100 Basses by hand !!![/quote]

i made one in 10 mins once using a tennis raquet. Mind you was a long time ago, and never won a game of tennis since.

Hang on this is not fair its a sales tread, sorry seller,

Rich.

Edited by greyparrot

[quote name='greyparrot' post='427855' date='Mar 7 2009, 09:03 AM']i made one in 10 mins once using a tennis raquet. Mind you was a long time ago, and never won a game of tennis since.

Hang on this is not fair its a sales tread, sorry seller,

Rich.[/quote]
no! carry on! you're keeping me up top! lol its fine, if anyone wanted to try this out with a view to making an offer i'm in the the newcastle area. cheers

put a price up mate, youl get many more offers im sure, as things stand people are either scared they will offer you too much, or scared they will insult you by offering too little :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='gary mac' post='500782' date='May 29 2009, 12:22 PM']Amazing the difference some decent pics make, I'm tempted[/quote]
Yeah thats true! thanks alot to WOT for that, if anyone is interested let me know as its still available. i'll be getting it backsoon if anyone has any questions fire away.

• 1 month later...