Why become a member? ×

U2 on J. Ross Show.....

Marcus

Just IMO, but...

I've never really liked U2, I like Oasis, I love Radiohead, I'm not too keen on the Beatles but I love what they did, I like the Rolling Stones a lot, Elvis kind of bores me but I know he's great, Chuck Berry doesn't interest me, Pink Floyd = not my thing, The Police are great, Yes had one song I know and it's got a great guitar solo in it (Owner of a Lonely Heart I think it's called), Genesis = boring, Aerosmith have never appealed to me, Jimi Hendrix was great, Metallica = don't like most metal, Rush = indulgent nonsense but each to their own, David Bowie rules, R.E.M should worry less about the environment and more time writing better songs, I love the Velvet Underground, Iron Maiden all look like aging hairy handbags to me and try a bit too hard, Bon Jovi? I think Mum likes them, Jethro Tull? I think Dad likes them, The Who I saw live but I still don't totally get, The Beach Boys were superb, Prince, Michael Jackson AND Stevie Wonder are brilliant, Bob Marley was amazing, James Brown ditto, Steely Dan are one of my favourites, Queen I like, Abba had some great basslines, AC/DC did Back in Black didn't they? Or was that Van Halen?, The Allman Brothers I haven't heard much from, Earth Wind and Fire are OTT and completely brilliant, King Crimson I have never heard a song from them and don't have a massive desire too...

And I absolutely despise the Beautiful South. Pick and choose your most the most controversial statement and go nuts.

[quote name='liamcapleton' post='424537' date='Mar 3 2009, 09:25 PM']Just IMO, but...

I've never really liked U2, I like Oasis, I love Radiohead, I'm not too keen on the Beatles but I love what they did, I like the Rolling Stones a lot, Elvis kind of bores me but I know he's great, Chuck Berry doesn't interest me, Pink Floyd = not my thing, The Police are great, Yes had one song I know and it's got a great guitar solo in it (Owner of a Lonely Heart I think it's called), Genesis = boring, Aerosmith have never appealed to me, Jimi Hendrix was great, Metallica = don't like most metal, Rush = indulgent nonsense but each to their own, David Bowie rules, R.E.M should worry less about the environment and more time writing better songs, I love the Velvet Underground, Iron Maiden all look like aging hairy handbags to me and try a bit too hard, Bon Jovi? I think Mum likes them, Jethro Tull? I think Dad likes them, The Who I saw live but I still don't totally get, The Beach Boys were superb, Prince, Michael Jackson AND Stevie Wonder are brilliant, Bob Marley was amazing, James Brown ditto, Steely Dan are one of my favourites, Queen I like, Abba had some great basslines, AC/DC did Back in Black didn't they? Or was that Van Halen?, The Allman Brothers I haven't heard much from, Earth Wind and Fire are OTT and completely brilliant, King Crimson I have never heard a song from them and don't have a massive desire too...

And I absolutely despise the Beautiful South. Pick and choose your most the most controversial statement and go nuts.[/quote]

Sorry!! Couldn't resist it. :rolleyes:

I'll get my coat shall I? :)

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='425012' date='Mar 4 2009, 01:11 PM']Sorry!! Couldn't resist it. ;)

I'll get my coat shall I? :)[/quote]

Seems like your the last one left so can you turn the lights out and shut the door when you leave :rolleyes: :D

Edited by Linus27

[quote name='Linus27' post='425062' date='Mar 4 2009, 01:44 PM']We need somebody to take the Oasis and Radiohead CD's to the charity shop. I know we won't get much but it might pay for the bus home :)[/quote]

You'd get serious cash for Radiohead CDs. I have taken offence at your comment.

[quote name='Linus27' post='425062' date='Mar 4 2009, 01:44 PM']We need somebody to take the Oasis and Radiohead CD's to the charity shop. I know we won't get much but it might pay for the bus home :rolleyes:[/quote]
[quote name='cheddatom' post='425074' date='Mar 4 2009, 01:56 PM']You'd get serious cash for Radiohead CDs. I have taken offence at your comment.[/quote]
You lot clearly have no idea what "charity" means! :)

[quote name='liamcapleton' post='424537' date='Mar 3 2009, 09:25 PM']Just IMO, but...

And I absolutely despise the Beautiful South. Pick and choose your most the most controversial statement and go nuts.[/quote]

I haven't once met anyone who likes the Beautiful South...in fact it envokes a violent reaction in me whenever I hear them. How did they sell so many records?

On the whole Radiohead thing. the first three albums were good, The Bends is amazing then that Kid A thing came out where they forgot to write any songs. I have liked nothing they've done since.

However there are some great videos on Youtube of them covering 'ceremony' by New Order and 'The Headmaster ritual' by The Smiths...both done exceptionally well. A covers album anyone?

Edited by Bass_In_Yer_Face

Hehe, I know quite a few people who like the Beautiful South! Never been able to stomach them I'm afraid. Or the Lighthouse Family!

Kid A is my second favourite album of all time... but in fairness I've loved everything Radiohead have ever put out. There cover of 'The Headmaster Ritual' I really liked :)

EDIT I think I'm just going to wind my neck in now and contribute nothing more to this car-crash of a thread!

Edited by liamcapleton

Well there you go I like the Housemartins and a lot of the Beautiful South - there I said it.

You're all wrong, I'm right nah nah na nah naaaaahhh ppttthhhhhhhhhhffffffrrrpppp!

Glad this hasnt descended into complete silliness then!

[quote name='beerdragon' post='425229' date='Mar 4 2009, 04:10 PM']For those of you who don't know bassicinstinct is in a Beautiful South tribute band The Beautiful Sound. you can see his gigs in the Gigs section.[/quote]

I'm so biting my tongue here. I so want to reply but I must resist :)

[quote name='liamcapleton' post='425242' date='Mar 4 2009, 04:22 PM']Oh my god, what a ridiculous coincidence... as if I hadn't got on the wrong side of bassicinstinct already! Sorry mate, it's just my sh*te taste in music, believe me. Nout personal![/quote]

Worry ye not mate. :)

Absolutely no offence taken - although I must admit that I had assumed that you were winding me up!! ;) :rolleyes: :lol: :D