Why become a member? ×

U2 on J. Ross Show.....

Marcus

I think we need to agree that there is something terribly wrong with liking The Beautiful South. We can then move on and discuss even further the dramatic seriousness of losing all credability and loss of mental state from wanting to be in a Beautiful South tribute band. :) :rolleyes: :D

Someone please be on my side on this one ;) :lol:

Edited by Linus27

[quote name='Linus27' post='425323' date='Mar 4 2009, 05:24 PM']I think we need to agree that there is something terribly wrong with liking The Beautiful South. We can then move on and discuss even further the dramatic seriousness of losing all credability and loss of mental state from wanting to be in a Beautiful South tribute band. :) :rolleyes: :D

Someone please be on my side on this one ;) :lol:[/quote]

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

I meant go on and [b]bite your tongue[/b]!!!! :lol: ;) ;) ;)

I missed this one earlier in the week:

[i]The BBC has apologised after Bono called Chris Martin a "w****er" live on Radio 1. The U2 frontman had just played the Live Lounge with his band and was speaking with Jo Whiley when he reportedly made the comment about the Coldplay singer.

A BBC spokeswoman apologised for any offence the remark may have caused to listeners. "An on-air apology was made immediately for the language used," she said, adding that she was not aware of any viewer complaints lodged following the interview.[/i]

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='SteveK' post='425962' date='Mar 5 2009, 11:31 AM']Yeah, but was he stating a fact, or was it just his opinion...after reading this thread I'm not sure of the difference. :) :rolleyes:

;)[/quote]

It may only have been a fact [b]in his opinion [/b]of course, although I'd be inclined to agree with him on this occasion. :lol: :D

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='425974' date='Mar 5 2009, 11:38 AM']It may only have been a fact [b]in his opinion [/b]of course, although I'd be inclined to agree with him on this occasion. :lol: :rolleyes:[/quote]

Is your agreement fact that his opinion was fact or just his opinion or is your agreement just your opinion that his opinion was fact or just his opinion :D ;)

Going to lay down now as my head hurts :)

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='425921' date='Mar 5 2009, 11:07 AM']I missed this one earlier in the week:

[i]The BBC has apologised after Bono called Chris Martin a "w****er" live on Radio 1. The U2 frontman had just played the Live Lounge with his band and was speaking with Jo Whiley when he reportedly made the comment about the Coldplay singer.

A BBC spokeswoman apologised for any offence the remark may have caused to listeners. "An on-air apology was made immediately for the language used," she said, adding that she was not aware of any viewer complaints lodged following the interview.[/i][/quote]

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='425929' date='Mar 5 2009, 11:11 AM']Kettle/pot.
Pot/kettle.

Q.E.D.[/quote]

Just to add some context. It was said in jest. He also called him a disfunctional character and a cretin too. Then when the joking (and apology) was done he said he is a melodic genius, up there with RayDavies and Paul McCartney and a great soul.