Why become a member? ×

Markbass Strings and B Stock, ex Demo and Open Box amps and cabs

yorks5stringer

Noticed all the above on this site https://www.mslpro.co.uk/ which distributes Markbass in the UK.

They have the new Markbass strings which are made in Italy and not just re-badged US brands: apparently Markbass bought out an Italian string maker and there's also some amps and cabs at discount prices, still with a 2 year warranty .

• Thanks 1

Looks like they bought D'Orazio strings, exact same way to put the label with the same pattern for specifications on it.

It doesn't look like they bought it, they did it. Here is the old link to D'Orazio strings, check where you get http://shop.doraziostrings.com/collections/electric-bass

Edited by Hellzero
Big fingers...

2 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Looks like they bought D'Orazio strings, exact same way to put the label with the same pattern for specifications on it.

It doesn't look like they bought it, they did it. Here is the old link to D'Orazio strings, check where you get http://shop.doraziostrings.com/collections/electric-bass

Not sure what you are saying? Try this link: https://www.mslpro.co.uk/collections/markbass-strings

D'Orazio is the name of the company that make the MarkBass strings. I've been using D'Orazio strings for some time (largely because I bought 26 sets of 6 string bass strings for £200 a while ago). They are perfectly reasonable strings, not quite Elixir standard, but very useable.

2 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

You must be a politician, no ? 🤣 

Even MarkBass is saying they bought D'Orazio strings https://markstore.it/pages/history

That's exactly what I was saying too : 'They have the new Markbass strings which are made in Italy and not just re-badged US brands: apparently Markbass bought out an Italian string maker '

Where/why is there confusion over this?

6 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

That's exactly what I was saying too : 'They have the new Markbass strings which are made in Italy and not just re-badged US brands: apparently Markbass bought out an Italian string maker D'Orazio '

Where/why is there confusion over this?

Fixed!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

@Hellzero is the confusion! A permanent unrelenting source of confusion! 

When this lockdown is over, I'm gonna come to your cave and confuse your head with your Mesa. You can bet I'll also use the Spanish translation for my inquisition over your head.

1 hour ago, Hellzero said:

When this lockdown is over, I'm gonna come to your cave and confuse your head with your Mesa. You can bet I'll also use the Spanish translation for my inquisition over your head.

Your cat is a spy and works for me. So there.

• Haha 1

As some of you may know, I don't work for them, but I do a bit of show/demo work with MSL.  I'm no retail expert, but I was asked for some of my input on the website.  Its not been advertised yet, but there's a 20% discount coupon code which works on any string orders, and only £2.99 shipping for orders under £50 (free shipping thereafter).  I don't think I'll get a slap from them sharing it here, hope its OK with BC too!

Try this:    STRINGS20!

• Thanks 3

I was supposed to be working for them at the Manchester show, but we all know what got in the way of that...   :(

I was going to be taking them up there with me, but I have in my home studio (brought back from the Birmingham guitar show) a Kimandu 5 string bass fitted with a set of Advanced, and one of the JP Gold basses, which has a set of Vintage medium flats on it.  The Advanced are great steel strings, and while I've never been a flats person before, they feel great to me too, far more playable than I expected.  I'm still an Elixir user myself, so will be holding off for a while, but wouldn't be surprised if there were some coated strings in the pipeline...

Edited by MoJoKe

8 minutes ago, Osiris said:

Maybe, but let's be honest, we'll all be buying them for the artwork alone.

image.thumb.png.38c87f8a99f6ea3965c53f06f0b47862.png

Looks like Me, Prince and Lionel Ritchie has a love child.

Why would I accept something from only one of the best places in Italy, I want the best!

1 minute ago, Cuzzie said:

Why would I accept something from only one of the best places in Italy, I want the best!

I've never been to Abruzzo, but in my experience, Italy has quite a few best places!  I know Umbria (next door!) very well, I'd happily settle for there!

• Like 1