Why become a member? ×

Dinosaur bass part?

Skinnyman

I’m referring, of course, to “Everbody Walk The Dinosaur” by Was (not Was).

My young niece is obsessed with this song and I’m desperate to find the bass part so I can do a FB video for her.

I’ve only had chance for a brief search of the usual places but I can’t find a tab or the music for this track. I know I’m being lazy and will keep on looking but if anyone has it or could point me to it, I’d be very grateful. 

Thanks in anticipation 😁

28 minutes ago, ped said:

Love this track, great to play along to. Fairly straightforward to work out, slap it in D :) if nobody responds with a tab I’ll do one for you at the wochenende

Thanks Ped.

If I was just gigging it then I’d be happy to work something out for myself but Young Anna will know instantly if I deviate from the recorded version so I need to be as close as possible!

1 minute ago, Skinnyman said:

Thanks Ped.

If I was just gigging it then I’d be happy to work something out for myself but Young Anna will know instantly if I deviate from the recorded version so I need to be as close as possible!

Maybe best I don’t do it then! I’m pretty sure I’m playing it right but wouldn’t bet my life on it!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Crawford13 said:

I’m guessing it’s the version from the movie ice age 3 she likes, and not the original? 
My son loves that song too but the original version has some interesting lyrics for young kids...

Ooh, hadn’t considered that. All I know is my sister primed her on a Skype call with “ask uncle Skinny if he can play it”. But she didn’t say what version!

15 minutes ago, pineweasel said:

Great song. My band has jammed this a few times - half of us are keen to do it but haven’t persuaded the others yet. The bass part is in drop D and played by Marcus Miller originally. 

Don’t suppose you have a tab for it? 😁

You are more than welcome sir :D hope it keeps the young lady happy!

1 hour ago, pineweasel said:

The bass part is in drop D and played by Marcus Miller originally. 

I'd always assumed that Don Was played it. He's very definitely no slouch on the bass.