Why become a member? ×

Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass V - SOLD

pram_01

I bought this bass about 3 to 4 months ago. It is entirely in “as new” condition (still with plastic on the pickguard, etc.). The bass has never been gigged and comes with fender molded case and all the other bits (strap, straplock, fender cable, etc.). It has a nice setup and plays really well. I am only selling it because I am not used to active circuits. The U.S. list price of this bass is [b]$2.450[/b] [url="http://admin.fender.com/resources/pricelists/pdf/winter2009/FLinstore_2009-USDOM-fenderbass.pdf"]http://admin.fender.com/resources/pricelis...-fenderbass.pdf[/url]. I am asking only [s]£999[/s] [b]£950 [/b]o.n.o. Sorry, but I am not interested in trades. Basically, whoever buys this bass will get a brand new bass for less.

Edited by pram_01

I think Soundslive is a good shop, but I've found that there's a big difference between openly displaying the item for a specific price online and having it in stock and being prepared to sell it to you for that price. I wanted to buy a Fender FMT HH tele from them after Christmas because there's was the best price. They didn;t have it in stock and couldn't order it in for that price.

You can't try it out first in their virtual shop though can you? If it isn't to your liking you'll have to go through the hassle of returning it within the Distance Selling time limit less the carriage there and back. Anyway, Montego black looks great and how many basically brand new ones come up s/h? Very few...

Why can't all you posters keep your comments on price to PMs? It really irks me when someone comes along and starts pissing all over the sellers parade, or thread in this case...especially when they post links to basses that aren't the same as the one being sold.

Have a bumpo on me.

[url="http://www.turnkey.co.uk/product.php?itemid=4761"]Check here[/url]

It's much cheaper here - EXACTLY THE SAME BASS. Black too. Active. 5 Strings. I think the OP got it completely wrong...

Ha ha.. Just joking. Good luck with the sale!

[quote name='Shockwave' post='418151' date='Feb 24 2009, 09:53 AM']I might also add that a member is selling a 4 string jazz deluxe in montego black etc. That is £550 and no one has snapped it up, The only difference between the two basses is that his is a 4 string and fretless.

Rob.[/quote]

Not much difference there then between a 4 string fretless and a 5 string fretted !?!? ;)

Why don`t you people stop crapping all over Prams thread and support him over what is a great bass at a good price ??

Good luck with the sale mate.

Vern

Guest subaudio

[quote name='pram_01' post='416775' date='Feb 22 2009, 06:10 PM']I bought this bass about 3 months ago. It is entirely in “as new” condition (still with plastic on the pickguard, etc.). The bass has never been gigged and comes with fender molded case and all the other bits. It has a nice setup and plays really well. I am only selling it because I am not used to active circuits. The list price of this bass is £1630. I am asking only [b]£1050[/b] (I need the money so unfortunately I am not interested in trades). Basically, whoever buys this bass will get a new bass for less (I still have the receipt so there is about 9 months of fender warranty on it).[/quote]

Very nice looking bass, if I had the cash I would be very tempted by this.

I also agree that posters should lay of someone trying to make a sale without having to give away their hard earned gear.

Hi Pram,

Why not drop the price to £990 or very nearest offer? Alternatively wire it as a passive, enjoy it and maybe wait until the market improves... IMHO unless you are really hard-pressed you can't go wrong if you hold on to it. I was sorely skint during the last recession and sold a number of lovely basses - not alone there I'd say - that would now be worth funny-money if I had held on to them (Early MMs, Warwicks...).
...Sure lots of us didn't have an arse in our trousers back then and in my case selling the basses only provided short-term relief from the grief!... ;) ...we used to travel to gigs on a pit-bull pulled three-wheeled roller-skate and make our guitar strings from the intestines of recently deceased relatives, for f**ks sake!!!...)

Good luck with the sale if this is what you decide to do, and enjoy what looks like a lovely bass if you keep it... :

[quote name='sub-a-dub' post='418640' date='Feb 24 2009, 06:47 PM']Hi Pram,

Why not drop the price to £990 or very nearest offer? Alternatively wire it as a passive, enjoy it and maybe wait until the market improves... IMHO unless you are really hard-pressed you can't go wrong if you hold on to it. I was sorely skint during the last recession and sold a number of lovely basses - not alone there I'd say - that would now be worth funny-money if I had held on to them (Early MMs, Warwicks...).
...Sure lots of us didn't have an arse in our trousers back then and in my case selling the basses only provided short-term relief from the grief!... ;) ...we used to travel to gigs on a pit-bull pulled three-wheeled roller-skate and make our guitar strings from the intestines of recently deceased relatives, for f**ks sake!!!...)

Good luck with the sale if this is what you decide to do, and enjoy what looks like a lovely bass if you keep it... :[/quote]

Good advice. Alternatively, find a preamp that can be bypassed (J-Retro Deluxe?) and get the best of both worlds - decent onboard preamp and passive if desired.

I'd never ever sell my US deluxe 5.

[quote name='thebeat' post='418237' date='Feb 24 2009, 11:39 AM']Why can't all you posters keep your comments on price to PMs? It really irks me when someone comes along and starts pissing all over the sellers parade, or thread in this case...especially when they post links to basses that aren't the same as the one being sold.

Have a bumpo on me.[/quote]

You know, i had the same problem with a poster on here regarding my Spector (that is now sold) quoting prices for basses he knows nothing about, and hampering my sale! Well it sold (cash and P/x) and then i sold that bass on quick to get the one i wanted and some cash. People should be able to advertise without everyone jumping down on the price, cos most of those people dont have an interest in the bass, cos if they did they would pm and look for neg. Basically anyone who wishes to put a downer on another persons sale, should pm their thoughts, and let the seller decide. It may well be that the bass just wont sell, but if the seller wished to reduce that is his choice.

Yup +1 on let the seller be. He is after all doing what this forum is designed for - selling a bass.

As it happens I'll be selling a couple of basses soon, and would hope that if anyone has an issue with the posts that they'll have the courtesy to PM me privately and not trash my thread.

Also as it happens I may well be interested in this bass myself.

Oh and the G string is wound incorrectly, I take it the strings must have been replaced at some point in it's short life ??

S

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='pram_01' post='416775' date='Feb 22 2009, 06:10 PM']I bought this bass about 3 to 4 months ago. It is entirely in “as new” condition (still with plastic on the pickguard, etc.). The bass has never been gigged and comes with fender molded case and all the other bits (strap, straplock, fender cable, etc.). It has a nice setup and plays really well. I am only selling it because I am not used to active circuits. The U.S. list price of this bass is [b]$2.450[/b] [url="http://admin.fender.com/resources/pricelists/pdf/winter2009/FLinstore_2009-USDOM-fenderbass.pdf"]http://admin.fender.com/resources/pricelis...-fenderbass.pdf[/url]. I am asking only [b]£999[/b] o.n.o. The only trade that I would consider would be for a 3/4 (not laminate) double bass. Basically, whoever buys this bass will get a new bass for less.[/quote]
I have received some trade offers and a few cash offers. I would like to say thank you for those who proposed me trades for passive basses but I've already got one. As I said, I would be interested in a double bass (not laminate). I am open to cash offers (please PM me in case you're interested). TBH, I am not in a hurry to sell this bass but I might go to eBay next Sun if I don’t sell it here by then.

[quote name='pram_01' post='416775' date='Feb 22 2009, 06:10 PM']I bought this bass about 3 to 4 months ago. It is entirely in “as new” condition (still with plastic on the pickguard, etc.). The bass has never been gigged and comes with fender molded case and all the other bits (strap, straplock, fender cable, etc.). It has a nice setup and plays really well. I am only selling it because I am not used to active circuits. The U.S. list price of this bass is [b]$2.450[/b] [url="http://admin.fender.com/resources/pricelists/pdf/winter2009/FLinstore_2009-USDOM-fenderbass.pdf"]http://admin.fender.com/resources/pricelis...-fenderbass.pdf[/url]. I am asking only [s]£999[/s] [b]£950 [/b]o.n.o. Sorry, but I change my mind and I am not interested in trades. Basically, whoever buys this bass will get a really nice brand new bass for less.[/quote]
Bump for the price drop. If I don't sell it here I might put it on eBay on Sunday.

[quote name='bassbluestew' post='435796' date='Mar 16 2009, 09:19 AM']Sure I can't tempt you with a trade for my gorgeous G&L and some cash your way ??

Cash waiting....................go on go on go on,

S[/quote]

Hi,

Thanks again for you offer. I initially thought about trading this bass for a DB. The main problem though is that I am moving abroad in the next few months and I already bought a new passive bass. It would be a nightmare to take two basses on the plane, so I'm not keen on trades. I am open to cash offers though. PM me if you have something in mind.

Thanks,
P