Why become a member? ×

Ramblings from oop North

grumble

Ok I gave in and signed up, greets from Bolton (ya know, the place where the motorway is cobbled)

52 year old bedroom player of a Les Paul copy bass (unknown origin, bought from new over 30 years ago) and Peavey Milestone 3 (J-bass type thing). Yeah I know, Im a cheapskate and one day I WILL spend on a decent bass ;)
Now how do I sneak that Italia Mondial Deluxe Im lusting after past the missus ?

And a question, why is it that no matter how much I practice I still sound like I've only picked a bass up yesterday ?
Ah well, having fun all the same so thanks to the owners for this site :P

[quote name='2x18' post='416382' date='Feb 21 2009, 09:37 PM']Ey oop from a Leeds oldy

Just out of interest Galaxy Music in Castleford ( Close to M62 ) have 2 brand new Italia Tipo basses in at £150.00 each, or they did have on thursday!

Will.[/quote]

Jeeez...they didn't go down well then ?

[quote]Just out of interest Galaxy Music in Castleford ( Close to M62 ) have 2 brand new Italia Tipo basses in at £150.00 each, or they did have on thursday![/quote]

Hmmm, I get paid on Friday, any bets they have both gone when I phone up ? ;)
Thanks for the heads up though, looks like I may have to wait a little longer for a 'real' bass.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='2x18' post='416382' date='Feb 21 2009, 09:37 PM']Ey oop from a Leeds oldy

Just out of interest Galaxy Music in Castleford ( Close to M62 ) have 2 brand new Italia Tipo basses in at £150.00 each, or they did have on thursday!

Will.[/quote]

Quick update, had a trip over and picked up a Tipo 3 so thanks 2X18 for the heads up. It isnt the Mondial I wanted but its a damn fine looking bass that has a lovely whoompy Precision sound. Oh and Galaxy Music is one strange Aladdins cave of a place. First time I've been scared of breathing too deeply in case I knocked summat over !!! Still, Steve was friendly and helpful and I will keep it on my list of places next time I get a GAS attack.

Alright Grumble.

Just down the road from you in North Manchester, although our singer lives in Little Lever so I do have an almost "2nd cousin twice removed" type of claim on Bolton.

Don't worry about the amount of time you been playing the bass, it's how much time in front of you that you've got to play the bass. I've been playing 30 years, and hopefully I've got at least the same again in front of me, so there's plenty of time for improvement.

Cheers,
Pete.

Edited by Thunderthumbs

Welcome to the forum!!
From a geordie who married a boltonian ( :rolleyes: ) i now live in that wonderful mecca of bass goodness :) if you ever need owt basswise (like borrowing a cup of sugar) giz a shout - all the best - lee
PS- pete nice pic of your Bona!!!

Edited by lee650

HA HA
Hi john, i know what you mean, its North-ish isnt it, loved the the pics from the bassbash of you and red, looked cool mate, oh and ive finaly got a precision ;)
all the best- lee

North! NORTH!! Bolton isn't North... that's the midlands that is. :rolleyes:

Welcome mate. Take a tip from me, steer clear of those bass players down in Bolton trying to flog you stuff that you want at a very reasonable price and who are very welcoming and accomodating. :) Alright Lee? :D