Why become a member? ×

Terrible bout of GAS...

Eight

[quote name='Eight' post='398750' date='Feb 3 2009, 12:47 PM']

Schecter Damien 4. Satin black with black pearl 'Bats'. [b]Black Pearl 'Bats'!!![/b]

Must have it!
Must have it!
Must have it!
Must have it!
Must have it!
Must have it!
Must have it!
Must have it![/quote]

stop fannying about & just buy it ;)
you know you want too.

Edited by artisan

[quote name='artisan' post='399018' date='Feb 3 2009, 03:08 PM']stop fannying about & just buy it ;)
you know you want too.[/quote]
Arrrggghhh - don't encourage me. I'm desperately trying to hang on til pay day at the end of the month - getting it now would be irresponsible...

... I can see me buying this within the week. :P

Ah cool. You're going to tell me its not a very good bass? In fact, if you can tell me that it makes trumpet noises when plugged in then that will really help me out.

You know, I'm not a superficial person; and I've been taking my time to find the right bass to upgrade to....

...but yeah, I am pretty f**king excited about those bats. ;)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='richiewaz' post='434808' date='Mar 14 2009, 07:21 PM']Did you buy it and is it any good as I'm in the same position you were
It Looks Fantastic. If Its any good I'm off to Newcastle to buy one tomorrow[/quote]
Ring them first. Aside from the price flying through the roof - I rang round a fair few shops in the UK and noone actually had one. Including Soundslive who despite advertising it on their site, actually had none; and didn't know if they could get any as there are problems with Schecter's UK distributor - think its gone into administration.

Long story - I think I created another thread about the woes.

I'm glad in a way, with a current price of £420, by all accounts you can get a lot better basses for the same cash. Before the exchange rate went crazy, you'd have been paying £250 max for this same bass. It sells pretty cheap in the states.

I might try and get one in the future, but not for that kind of money.

[quote name='Eight' post='399425' date='Feb 3 2009, 09:27 PM']Ah cool. You're going to tell me its not a very good bass? In fact, if you can tell me that it makes trumpet noises when plugged in then that will really help me out.

You know, I'm not a superficial person; and I've been taking my time to find the right bass to upgrade to....

...but yeah, I am pretty f**king excited about those bats. :)[/quote]

dont knock the trumpet noises, thats how flea started!

Back to the Drawing Board then!!!
Any suggestions of a Bass about £400 then thats worth the money and not fender, I have a squire fender P and use it to practice on as i find when i go onto my Yamaha RBX170 everything is so much easier after getting it on the Squire (neck feel's like a plank)
I Love the look of the Ibanez AGB200 Semi but am worried about feedback and low end fluffyness , Also the BC Rich stuff but will look a real Nugget playing Police and Stereophonics tracks with a Warlock!!!!!
Open to Ideas

[quote name='richiewaz' post='435033' date='Mar 15 2009, 08:25 AM']Back to the Drawing Board then!!!
Any suggestions of a Bass about £400 then thats worth the money and not fender, I have a squire fender P and use it to practice on as i find when i go onto my Yamaha RBX170 everything is so much easier after getting it on the Squire (neck feel's like a plank)
I Love the look of the Ibanez AGB200 Semi but am worried about feedback and low end fluffyness , Also the BC Rich stuff but will look a real Nugget playing Police and Stereophonics tracks with a Warlock!!!!!
Open to Ideas[/quote]

If you want a bass (non-Fender) with a slim neck look at some of the Ibanez SR Soundgear basses, they have pretty slim necks and are excellent value for money especially used top of the range models. :)