Why become a member? ×

Have you ever thought something was a good idea....

Bilbo

• 2 years later...

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1290196' date='Jul 2 2011, 04:00 PM']and here are 50 pages of amendments... :)[/quote]
I bet one of the amendments is that you can't say that kind of blue is "the greatest jazz recording of all time" as everyone knows that moondance is the greatest jazz recording of all time :)

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1290196' date='Jul 2 2011, 04:00 PM']I just got an email from my publisher

'The book is well written....'

and here are 50 pages of amendments... :)

Its still moving forward (and his observations are entirely credible).[/quote]

Excellent work Bilbo. Speaking from a little bit of experience, 50 pages of amendments for a first draft of a book of over 400 pages is pretty good going. I'd love to write a book on a similarly compelling subject. Keep us posted (you've probably got a lot of potential proof readers here also). C

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='395280' date='Jan 30 2009, 12:46 PM']Probably - which is where it gets scary - people who are interested enough to look will probably know more about the subjects discussed than me and I could easily come out of this looking like a complete berk :)

But what spurred me on was a colleague saying that the only thing worse than writing this book badly would be not to write it at all. Its a story that needs to be told and noone else is telling it so I thought I would. If someone says it is crap and writes a better one, then it has achieved its purpose![/quote]

Great achievement Bilbo, congratulations and respect for making it happen.

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1290196' date='Jul 2 2011, 04:00 PM'].......
and here are 50 pages of amendments... :)
.......[/quote]

LEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEAR
NTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWR
ITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELE
ARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTOWRITELEARNTO
WRITELEARNTOWRITE etc. well you get the idea with that one! :)

Fantastic that it's nearly finished, sounds like it's going to be great!

I'll definitely be buying a copy.