Why become a member? ×

What gear is at the harrogate bass bash ?

david_l_perry

[quote name='Huggy and the Bears' post='393527' date='Jan 28 2009, 11:19 AM']Hi Dave,

I have LMK and GS212 set up. Could you be the Dave that is friends with my mate Stuart?[/quote]

that would be me....I bought them off Stuarts other pal Shaun (4000) I think Stu only has three friends.... ;)

So are you taking yours then ?

(Well that makes no sense now you deleted your thread....)

Edited by david_l_perry

I had a bit of a word with b2bm about this topic, his feeling was that everyone bring what they want (even if it means some duplication), as people are bound to set it up differently and it gives an opportunity to contrast and compare.
Hope this helps!

(Phil, as you are reading this feel free to contribute!)

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='393595' date='Jan 28 2009, 12:51 PM']I had a bit of a word with b2bm about this topic, his feeling was that everyone bring what they want (even if it means some duplication), as people are bound to set it up differently and it gives an opportunity to contrast and compare.
Hope this helps!

(Phil, as you are reading this feel free to contribute!)[/quote]

Good point regarding "set ups" and subsequent playing styles.
I'l bring my MarkBass 1 x 12" combo and my Aerodyne jazz bass. (plus Epiphone fretless EB1 and Hercules stand for the raffle)

I may have another item, or items, for the raffle, I'll confirm nearer the date.

Hours of endless fun.

Rhino

Surely everybody's who's interested has already had a dibble on my Shuker so I reckoned those of you bringing sunglasses would prefer the shame of a possible pic of yourself playing my Blue Flower Fender !!!

Might bring the Shukerised Status too as I'm desperate to have it pointed out to me that the pots feel a bit dodgy when you twiddle them.

Unless anyone would rather I substitute one of those for the 73P so you can all see how to devalue 2 grands worth of bass by simply upgrading the crap bits!!

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='393595' date='Jan 28 2009, 12:51 PM']I had a bit of a word with b2bm about this topic, his feeling was that everyone bring what they want (even if it means some duplication), as people are bound to set it up differently and it gives an opportunity to contrast and compare.
Hope this helps!

(Phil, as you are reading this feel free to contribute!)[/quote]
Yeah, I honestly think that duplication for many things is valid. I was trying some basses in a shop recently and they had two the same. Except they weren't. One put you off buying it and one didn't. Now add to that the differences made after market, and you have some valid comparisons.

FWIW I'm bringing...

[list]
[*] Eden 4x10 + 1x15 stack
[*]Genz-Benz Shuttle 6.0
[*]Spector Euro LX5-EX
[*]Spector Performer5
[*]Yamaha BB415
[*]Fender Jazz fretless
[*]Telecaster guitar
[*]Earplugs!
[*]Various stomps
[/list]

If I can manage to get there I'll bring...

Status S2 4-string x 2
Status S2 5-string x 2
Status Streamline
Yamaha TRB-6 II
Squier Classic Vibe 60's Precision
Warwick Triumph EUB
MarkBass rig

I would bring the Groove 5, but I've loaned it to Mewsie, who's fallen in love with it!

I'll have only just finished a week's show so I'll be knackered, but will try and make the effort ;)

Rich.

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='393528' date='Jan 28 2009, 11:24 AM']that would be me....I bought them off Stuarts other pal Shaun (4000) I think Stu only has three friends.... :P

(Well that makes no sense now you deleted your thread....)[/quote]

Dave, Stu pays me! (only joking Stu!) ;)

Hi all,

If anyone is going from blackpool area I would mind a lift down - I will bring my shuttle 3-10t combo with me so people can have a a/b comparison with the shuttle 6 someone mentioned taking. Also its an oportunity to see how light these tiny combo's are ;)

Anyway - if anyone's got room for me (possibly a warwick rockbass corvette active) and my tiny combo I would love putting in for some petrol !

Cheers

Edd

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='393671' date='Jan 28 2009, 01:58 PM']Surely everybody's who's interested has already had a dibble on my Shuker so I reckoned those of you bringing sunglasses would prefer the shame of a possible pic of yourself playing my Blue Flower Fender !!!

Might bring the Shukerised Status too as I'm desperate to have it pointed out to me that the pots feel a bit dodgy when you twiddle them.

Unless anyone would rather I substitute one of those for the 73P so you can all see how to devalue 2 grands worth of bass by simply upgrading the crap bits!![/quote]

I'd bring my Warwick Triumph but the last time I used it it sounded very 'farty' and I haven't had a chance to get it checked out yet. (Must be a Wakefield thing that our gear is less than it might be Dave!).

Actually I might still bring it as somebody might be able to tell me exactly what's wrong with it!

[quote name='7string' post='394156' date='Jan 28 2009, 10:55 PM']I'll bring:

Sei 7 string
James Tyler 4 string
Conklin GT7 (de-fretted)
ACG Recurve 9 string
Dean Rhapsody 12 string[/quote]

Look forward meeting you with that little lot ;)

I will be bringing my Aguilar GS112's, Mark bass head (with VF1) and my heavy weight status