Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

This morning's earworm, straight outta nowhere. Haven't listened to it for years. As earworms go, this is proper lush.

I never tire of listening to that album Rich , I bought it when it came out and I’ve still got it ,so good 

16 minutes ago, Rich said:

This morning's earworm, straight outta nowhere. Haven't listened to it for years. As earworms go, this is proper lush.

4 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I never tire of listening to that album Rich , I bought it when it came out and I’ve still got it ,so good 

It is an absolute classic. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:
10 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

It is an absolute classic. 

And we all know it well.:)

19 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

After Exodus I bought Kaya and my favourite tracks off that are this or running away 

and after that I bought Uprising, favourite track is this 

I worked for a short time for the guy in the darker yellow T-shirt. He worked with Marley as promotions man at Island records. Not too envious...

image.png.d37627f066fcc82b9f15bfe526096a6e.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, taunton-hobbit said:

I worked with Laurel in the late 60s - I had a brand-new lurex suit (made by me mum) & a week later Melody Maker (I think) reported that Laurel had turned up for a gig in a lurex suit - happy days.

😎

I had no idea what a 'lurex suit' was....Google is your friend, now I know :D

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Bunion said:

Some talent from that little island ;) . Its interesting how music gets around...my supervisor based in the Netherlands, out of the blue mentioned Queen Omega to me some weeks ago. Firstly, I had no idea he listened to Reggae, much less Queen Omega. The world is getting smaller.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

After Exodus I bought Kaya and my favourite tracks off that are this or running away 

My favourite songs from the album Kaya are 1. how could it be otherwise;)
Bob Marley & The Wailers - Is This Love

2. Easy Skanking and 3. because of the music Kaya

44 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

A couple from Edi Fitzroy, he made so many great tunes but you don’t hear them very often, the second one I was trying to remember, not sure if there’s another version 

Heavy Bassline at 1.25

I thought the second one was maybe the original that this was based on but it turns out it isn't. It is used as the theme tune for a well known US TV show 

Edited by skilamalink
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, skilamalink said:

It is used as the theme tune for a well known US TV show

Thanks, bad boys by inner circle is a great track, really good Bassline, it was also used for the film Bad boys with will smith which is where it got its name I think 

• Like 1