Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

It rang true in the @donstrumental Familyman video that I also started young listening to Bob Marley but gradually grew to not listening so much - thinking it's too commercial or overplayed, but there's good reason the music is so popular and going beyond 'Legend' or 'Exodus' there's loads of stuff that isn't overplayed. Today I'm playing this stone cold classic and really taking in the excellent Familyman basslines:

20210428_135800.jpg

• Like 3

My work distraction today is a compilation of Producer Niney the Observer's work with the Soul Syndicate band (I think King Tubby also added some of the dub magic). 'Niney the Observer presents Soul Syndicate- Dub Classics' , it's good heavy dubby stuff with George Fullwood on Bass. 

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

@Reggaebass me old mucker, and you others may enjoy this - I did

7 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Cheers cuzzie 👍 some of those desk concerts are good 

Enjoyed that ! And yes, yet another brilliant TinyDesk concert....  they do a great job across a lot of genres.

I didn't jump to youtube to watch it though..... I didn't have time to get sucked into a Tiny Desk vortex 😄!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, taunton-hobbit said:

"I'll Never Fall in Love Again" is a popular song by composer Burt Bacharach and lyricist Hal David that was written for the 1968 musical Promises, Promises. 

There are numerous reggae covers - I like the John Holt take on this ...

Loving that, I’ve added it to my , to play list, good one to play with the thumb 👍

Payday presents to myself - Uprising & Catch a Fire arrived in time for the long weekend. A bit of a luxury when I already have them digitally but it feeds my collector habit (still a fair bit of Bob Marley to go) and it feels like music that is best played on vinyl. 

.... not sure if the half speed mastering thing is really worth it or if its just a new sales gimmick. 

20210501_090224.jpg

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, SumOne said:

Payday presents to myself - Uprising & Catch a Fire arrived in time for the long weekend. A bit of a luxury when I already have them digitally but it feeds my collector habit (still a fair bit of Bob Marley to go) and it feels like music that is best played on vinyl. 

.... not sure if the half speed mastering thing is really worth it or if its just a new sales gimmick. 

20210501_090224.jpg

Love it 👍, really great albums