Why become a member? ×

National Bass Bash?

birdy

[quote name='urb' post='393260' date='Jan 27 2009, 10:54 PM']The SE bash was a model of organisation sir ... ;)[/quote]
Thanks Urb; we tried out some new ideas and they worked well in the main. But as Mert said, we did talk afterwards about improving on that at a later Bash..

So if Birdy's suggestion for the next National Bash becomes a reality, then I'd be happy to chip in any ideas, feedback suggestions etc towards the it.

Nik

Thinking about it Fosk, we could do the Pboro bash in my studio! Hehe! Just about fit 6 people in there!

As far as a national bash goes, then it seems the consensus is somewhere in the Midlands or Northants as has been the case for previous events - I'm still however thinking about an `Anglian Bassh' (c NJS2009!) as perhaps a separate event which would more than likely occur later on this year. The nice thing is, there's little problem with oversaturation because each event attracts different members etc. I'd try and get people like Colin Hodgkinson there (he's a good mate of mine) and other players such as Alan Jones who would be more than willing to attend.

Ciao!

Nick

[quote name='alexclaber' post='393398' date='Jan 28 2009, 08:57 AM']Definitely up for that! The noise was ok earlier on, it was only in the latter stages that it got silly. Mind you, imagine if it had been a guitarist get together... ;)

Alex[/quote]

Alex - you sir are guilty!

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=33414&st=0&p=346284&#entry346284"]Guilty Alex[/url] :P

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='394763' date='Jan 29 2009, 05:53 PM']Alex - you sir are guilty!

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=33414&st=0&p=346284&#entry346284"]Guilty Alex[/url] :P[/quote]
;)

I have to claim at least 50% responsibility there. That was us deafening people with the Big One having about 150W max going through it. Imagine what it can do with 500W. Or 1000W. Sonic death. Awesome.

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='394162' date='Jan 28 2009, 10:59 PM']As far as a national bash goes, then it seems the consensus is somewhere in the Midlands or Northants as has been the case for previous events - I'm still however thinking about an `Anglian Bassh' (c NJS2009!) as perhaps a separate event which would more than likely occur later on this year. The nice thing is, there's little problem with oversaturation because each event attracts different members etc. I'd try and get people like Colin Hodgkinson there (he's a good mate of mine) and other players such as Alan Jones who would be more than willing to attend.

Ciao!

Nick[/quote]

Nick,

If you can persuade Colin Hodgkinson to be there, I'll crawl to Peterborough on my hands and knees!

[quote name='Kev' post='399589' date='Feb 3 2009, 11:54 PM']couldnt make northhampton, to out of the way, but if a birmingham (or bristol :huh:) bash arose, i could probably make that ;)[/quote]

Thats Settled, Northampton it is then :P

In all seriousness I think Ped is having a look at different venues at the moment and Birmingham as well as Northampton is a possibility.

More feedback or preferences on what people think would be great. I have just bought Stuart Claytons excellent slap book and I can't wait to annoy everyone at the next get together. I reckon I may be on chapter 2 by the time it comes around as well!! :)

Steve

We have been looking at a Bash in May or June at NAS's place in Worcestershire, which might be a long way for some folk (90 miles for me), but we get a stately home and 1300 acres to have our bash in, with no noise worries, as the neighbours are half a mile away.

Nick reckons he can accommodate between 50 and 100 people (more if the weather is good). Plus we can raise a little bit of money for Nick's charities at the same time (see the "News of NAS" thread somewhere on here). Those who went last year can testify to how great a venue this is, and I suppose there wouldn't be the time constraints of using a "commercial" venue.

If anyone thinks this is a worthwhile idea let's know, and I will liaise with Nick about some organisation.

Steve

I remember talk of this before and thought it would be good.

Would this be more of a Midlands bass bash than a National one though? Talking to Ped there were about 200 at the last national one and that would be more than Nick would probably want or could handle? Also I wonder if the location would make it harder for a national bash as people couldn't easily get there by train?

I would suggest that it would be great to do this anyway regardless of if we have a national one or not?

Just out of interest does anyone think a National one is worth trying to organise? There seem to be lots of local ones springing up which is great, would people still want a national one as well?

Steve

[quote name='skywalker' post='399742' date='Feb 4 2009, 10:07 AM']We have been looking at a Bash in May or June at NAS's place in Worcestershire, which might be a long way for some folk (90 miles for me), but we get a stately home and 1300 acres to have our bash in, with no noise worries, as the neighbours are half a mile away.

Nick reckons he can accommodate between 50 and 100 people (more if the weather is good). Plus we can raise a little bit of money for Nick's charities at the same time (see the "News of NAS" thread somewhere on here). Those who went last year can testify to how great a venue this is, and I suppose there wouldn't be the time constraints of using a "commercial" venue.

If anyone thinks this is a worthwhile idea let's know, and I will liaise with Nick about some organisation.

Steve[/quote]

[quote name='birdy' post='399626' date='Feb 4 2009, 01:03 AM']I have just bought Stuart Claytons excellent slap book and I can't wait to annoy everyone at the next get together. I reckon I may be on chapter 2 by the time it comes around as well!! ;)

Steve[/quote]

:P

I think a National Bash is still a good idea, because it is the one real opportunity each year where all Basschatters can try to get together, which gives it a different aspect to the local ones..

[quote name='WalMan' post='400535' date='Feb 4 2009, 11:18 PM']Yup there are a lot more local ones springing up, but a national one would be good - certainly had a good time last year.

And the LA Bass Bash Bus has just had a service ready for the next one as well
[/quote]

Get the satnav fixed though... (that was you wasn't it?)

[quote name='birdy' post='406343' date='Feb 11 2009, 02:40 PM']Is there anyone on the forum who would be interested in doing a 20-30 demo of some sort if we do organize a bash.

Potentially getting a few ideas and things in the pipeline here...

Steve[/quote]

Neil and his toys ;)

[quote name='birdy' post='406343' date='Feb 11 2009, 02:40 PM']Is there anyone on the forum who would be interested in doing a 20-30 demo of some sort if we do organize a bash.

Potentially getting a few ideas and things in the pipeline here...

Steve[/quote]
Ped and the V-Bass perhaps or how about something by Bassassin (Jon) on JapCrap basses if he was able to be there...? I think an 'exotic & rare' basses session might be interesting too...

[quote name='birdy' post='407035' date='Feb 11 2009, 10:10 PM']Good Idea!! Hows your tapping piece coming along ;)

Steve[/quote]

Half way through... up to speed too... although the progress is slowing down as it's getting more difficult now! I need my 4 string back so I can fly up and down the neck and the 34 inch scale should make all the arpeggios and chords slightly easier at speed!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='407047' date='Feb 11 2009, 10:23 PM']Ped and the V-Bass perhaps or how about something by Bassassin (Jon) on JapCrap basses if he was able to be there...? I think an 'exotic & rare' basses session might be interesting too...[/quote]

Birdy - Neil will have his new VBass soon. Perhaps we can get Will and Neil together and do a Roland demo!? Ha ha.