King Tut

Bugera Fake Valve Glow

I had a Bugera BVV3000 (SVT clone) a long time ago and I couldn’t fault it . Sounded massive, rock solid and as cheap as chips 

10 minutes ago, Quilly said:

I had a Bugera BVV3000 (SVT clone) a long time ago and I couldn’t fault it . Sounded massive, rock solid and as cheap as chips 

I missed one for sale here a while ago. Would have loved to try it. 

12 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I missed one for sale here a while ago. Would have loved to try it. 

Weighed a ton mind , 36kg or something used a ton of valves. Sounded great,  really warm , clean sounding amp. Tons of bottom end. It had 6x6550s as I recall and a self bias function. I didn’t have it long .

56 minutes ago, Quilly said:

Weighed a ton mind , 36kg or something used a ton of valves. Sounded great,  really warm , clean sounding amp. Tons of bottom end. It had 6x6550s as I recall and a self bias function. I didn’t have it long .

Lighter than my SVT I think, but I could be wrong 

6 hours ago, stewblack said:

Lighter than my SVT I think, but I could be wrong 

Maybe a bag of sugar or 2 less...still a hernia generator 

• Haha 1

Slightly OT but I know someone who had an SVT, stored it sideways and a transformer came off its mounts and dropped through £%&&£% worth of expensive valves...

12 hours ago, stewblack said:

A bunch of

image.png.3c351ef65133921398f8a4bb481e14f5.png

football fans.

a bunch of Klinsmen?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, MacDaddy said:

a bunch of Klinsmen?

Beware the KKKKK...

On 23/01/2020 at 09:48, Stub Mandrel said:

Slightly OT but I know someone who had an SVT, stored it sideways and a transformer came off its mounts and dropped through £%&&£% worth of expensive valves...

They’re actually crazy heavy . I mean ridiculously heavy . If they were being used in a building site the HSA would insist you use a hoist to move it...I’m not exaggerating 

Edited by Quilly
  • Like 1

On 15/12/2019 at 21:30, thodrik said:

EBS Fafner has a similar thing. The bulb keeps breaking. I am going to replace it with a blue bulb instead, so people will think that the pre-amp valve is really cold. 

Done!

C70372C9-25BF-4B26-87EE-50E938275339.jpeg

• Like 3

Just trying it out, I definitely believe that the blue LED really adds greater presence to the mids compared to the standard red filament bulb...

Edited by thodrik
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, thodrik said:

Just trying it out, I definitely believe that the blue LED really adds greater presence to the mids compared to the standard red filament bulb...

It should definitely increase the heft. 

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 09:53, King Tut said:

So I've learned from this thread that most lighty up amps are lit by LEDs and not valves and that preamp valves don't usually glow. Thanks fellas. Anyone else out there rocking a Veyron T at the moment?

yep, I will admit that it went back to Thomann (and back to Bugera) for a new main power board, as it was cutting out occasionally at high input levels but they fixed under warranty without quibble and it has been faultless since. I use mine on an upright bass with a K&K rockabilly pickup and preamp setup, previously through a Hartke 410 hydrive but now mainly through an elbee 210. it moves some serious air!

• Like 2

It's just a bit of fluff circuitry that can go wrong and possibly cause some problem down the road. :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By basslondon
      Excellent condition,  lightly gigged ( less than a dozen outings) monster bass head. I won’t get into the controversy around the wattage but it’s safe to say it has more watts than you would sensibly need. The tonal flexibility is amazing and the compressor does the job as it should. 

It’s big iron amplification with a big sound to match... any queries pm me!
      Thanks for looking!

• By Baloney Balderdash
      So anyone got any experience with the relatively new tiny AMT A-Bass and AMT O-Bass tube preamp pedals from their Bricks series, which were just released earlier this year, the two pedals being repectively an Alembic style preamp and an Orange style preamp?
      I am pondering on acquiring one of them and use it in combination with the NUX Soiid Studio that I just bought, for cab IR and poweramp simulation, since these tiny tube preamp pedal doesn't feature any form of cab sim.
      So I am interesting in knowing if they are any good to use primarily as a clean preamp for dialing in my main tone, and what to expect from the two pedals respectively, so I have an idea of weather I should chose the Orange or Alembic style preamp?

Here's the link to the A-Bass on AMT's homepage :
      https://amtelectronics.com/new/amt-a-bass/

And Here's the link to the O-Bass :
      https://amtelectronics.com/new/amt-o-bass/

They are quite reasonable priced as well, just about 175 Euro/156£ (Thomann prices, though they only seem to carry the A-Bass in their stock), and the tubes works at proper high voltage too, around 250V to 300V. 

Edit!!! : Just found these YouTube demos featuring the 2 pedals, and judging from those it seems like the A-Bass will be closest to my personal taste, plus the A-Bass got a Mid and Treble frequency shift switch, unlike the O-Bass, both got a Bright switch though (in fact to me the A-Bass sounds great, while the O-Bass sounds like crap, though that might be the fault of the guy demoing the pedals) : 

• By alzamatt
      DB 680 in very good conditions
      The rolls roice of all the valve bass preamp 
      Just for pure bass sound intenditors. 
      1200  1100 EUROS Shipping included in EU

• By ahpook
      I think it's fair to say you don't see many of these around any more, Trace Elliot's flagship all valve preamp, based on an Alembic design - it really is the bees knees when it comes to valve preamps.
      It sounds, as you can imagine, fantastic.
      It's in great condition, the worst thing about it as the somewhat cammed-out screws that hold the top cover on, but they work fine, they're just not very pretty. Some scratches on the top from being rack-mounted, but the fascia is in great nick.
      One unusual thing - it has two transformers, whereas I believe they we built originally with one. I have no idea why, but it works fine and has no noise issues. I can only assume it's been repaired at some point in the past. I bought it second hand and only found out about the extra transformer when I replaced the valves. It currently is fitted with EHX Gold 12AX7s which sound lovely. .
      Plenty of pictures below, but if you want any more, please get in touch.

This is COLLECTION ONLY from my house in Tottenham.
      I will of course let you check it works OK, in an appropriate COVID-aware manner and part of you agreeing to buy it is that you abide by my rules for this. I will insist on masks, social distancing and so on.
      Thanks for looking.

• By JapanAxe
      This lovely all-valve Ampeg head is for sale for a reason we all know well - GAS. My eye is on something shinier, and pressure on beer tokens and cupboard space means this has to go.
      For those unfamiliar with the model, it couples Ampeg's well-known preamp, featuring selectable mid frequency and of course Ultra-Hi and Ultra-Lo buttons, to a 6L6-powered output stage. Round the back is a choice of balanced outputs, one from the preamp, the other taken from a tapping of the output transformer. Output impedance is selectable between 4ohm and 8ohm, and it has an onboard 8ohm dummy load for silent recording with no speaker connected. There is also an easy-to-use bias setting control. Speaker output is via a single 1/4in jack socket.
      If you are worried that 50W is not loud enough, remember these are magical VALVE watts, so the amp punches well above its 50W weight. I have used this live in small to large venues through three different Barefaced cabs and it has never been 'not loud enough'. In one particularly large hall it did start to sound a bit 'furry' at volume, but in a thoroughly gorgeous way.
      Condition is excellent, and the amp comes in its original box with manual and swing tag. Early examples had a hum issue arising from the grid biasing arrangement, but this one does not exhibit that problem.
      Price is £449 collected or meet-up (preferred). Insured delivery (UK mainland only) would come in at about £20 extra.