Why become a member? ×

Feeling the pull to the dark side...

Paul Cooke

and I've got the gas for a Telecaster Guitar as a result... :P

Picked up my daughter's Encore electric guitar over the break and I've been playing it more than my basses... I've had so much fun going back to stuff I used to do... power chords, blues licks...

It's so much easier now having been playing bass... I now know where the notes are and what I'm doing rather than just blindly repeating licks out of a guitar magazine... I can come up with my own and they sound good as well... ;)

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='378598' date='Jan 13 2009, 07:46 AM']and I've got the gas for a Telecaster Guitar as a result... :P

Picked up my daughter's Encore electric guitar over the break and I've been playing it more than my basses... I've had so much fun going back to stuff I used to do... power chords, blues licks...

It's so much easier now having been playing bass... I now know where the notes are and what I'm doing rather than just blindly repeating licks out of a guitar magazine... I can come up with my own and they sound good as well... ;)[/quote]

Thats how I started 3 years ago. I know play guitar in two bands. Still looking for a band to play bass in !

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='378598' date='Jan 13 2009, 07:46 AM']and I've got the gas for a Telecaster Guitar as a result... :P

It's so much easier now having been playing bass... I now know where the notes are and what I'm doing rather than just blindly repeating licks out of a guitar magazine... I can come up with my own and they sound good as well... ;)[/quote]

Repent ye or be thrown to the fires of damnation........

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='378747' date='Jan 13 2009, 11:00 AM']Thats how I started 3 years ago. I know play guitar in two bands. Still looking for a band to play bass in ![/quote]
Christ, they're everywhere.

[quote name='Prosebass' post='378750' date='Jan 13 2009, 11:02 AM']Repent ye or be thrown to the fires of damnation........[/quote]
At last, a fellow bass player on a bass forum.

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='378598' date='Jan 13 2009, 07:46 AM']and I've got the gas for a Telecaster Guitar as a result... ;)[/quote]

Just bought a '73 thinline tele.

Although I'm a bass player through and through when I'm out with a band, there's no way I'd pick up a bass in-doors (unless a bass line is needed for a recording project.)

Thing is they are all instruments we play, and we play whatever amuses us at the time I think. And I guess it makes us better all round musicians. And Lord I need any help I can get to be a better all round musician!

Edited by Funkmaster

Its the music that matters, not the instruments. You play that guitar as much as you like, young Skywalker....

I used to hate Tele's but I played one recently that a guitar friend of mine had just bought and it played and sounded great. It has a rosewood fingerboard which would have made a difference for me as I have a preference for rosewood fingerboards on guitars. When I get around to buying a solidbody, I could be tempted....

PS Jazz is great!

I have a Tele' ;)

Although mine is a Squier Affinity and it's B-stock at that, bought for a play around really....so much so that I've now got an Aston acoustic (should have spent the extra £60 and bought an Overwater for ~£210ish), and I've a refin and upgrade job on a £60 Swift Les Paul Copy.

I did however realise I had more guitars than basses at the end of last year so I went out and bought a T-Bird to even the numbers :P

Dunno what it is about bass players, but most bass players I know who also have a guitar have a Telecaster... strange. I had one for a while. Got an Epiphone Les Paul now though, for all my skinny-string needs. ;)