Why become a member? ×

Done.

ash_sak

Hi, i've been messing about with the idea of buying a new bass for ages now but can't really justify it due to major lack of money therefore i thought fx would be another thing to try out.

But again, i'm still low on bass funds so if anyone has any pedals knocking about that they're willing to give away i'll take anything.

Please though dont offer any broken pedals cause the last time i tried to fix something i ended up with a powered mixer lying all over my floor and a burn on my arm from getting too close to a light...fun stuff but the mixer was still broken by the end of it.

(I have paypal so could send money for postage that way if anyone offers anything)

Thanks.
Enjoy.

Ashok.

p.s. i'm new to this site, i spent hours reading through peoples posts this morning wishing i had money to buy some of the stuff you lot were offering but that's about it for 'experience', so please use simple language with me. Took me a while to work out what PUP meant.

Edited by ash_sak

[quote name='Voodoosnake' post='378715' date='Jan 13 2009, 10:39 AM']Ive seen it all now!!!

If anyone has a Warwick Stryker Ziricote knocking about doing nothing I would be more than willing to accomodate it. I'll even pay for the postage n stuff.

;)[/quote]

I stuck one in the post for you today I wrote Voodoosnake in big black letters on it.

That's how the post works right?

[quote name='umcoo' post='378979' date='Jan 13 2009, 01:31 PM']I've got a couple of Lovetone pedals I don't use anymore. Haven't seen them for a while, but if I can dig them out, they're yours ;)[/quote]

That'd be ace.
I'm looking for anything to play around with whilst i save up some money, then it's a shopping spree on the basschat forums.

[quote name='Toasted' post='379509' date='Jan 13 2009, 07:11 PM']I suspect he's yanking your chain.[/quote]

i quite agree but if someone offers you may as well accept.

if they're joking then you aint lost anything.
if they aren't joking then you're sorted

[quote name='fifeq' post='379822' date='Jan 13 2009, 11:16 PM']man you have boss micro br so try and see how the effects sound with your bass and then sell some of the stuff you are not using .[/quote]

I have tried that and it just got annoying cause the problem with the Micro BR is that you have to flick through quite a few screens to change stuff about whereas compared to having an fx pedal which is much much easier to use.

The BR aint particularly hard to use just very labourious though until i gather some funds that's really the best option going.
(on a plus note though the BR makes a damn good 4-track)

And i would sell some stuff but i still do use all of it, apart from perhaps a mic cable and some spare strings it's all used.

[quote name='ash_sak' post='379873' date='Jan 14 2009, 12:11 AM']I have tried that and it just got annoying cause the problem with the Micro BR is that you have to flick through quite a few screens to change stuff about whereas compared to having an fx pedal which is much much easier to use.

The BR aint particularly hard to use just very labourious though until i gather some funds that's really the best option going.
(on a plus note though the BR makes a damn good 4-track)

And i would sell some stuff but i still do use all of it, apart from perhaps a mic cable and some spare strings it's all used.[/quote]

Dude - forget about the BR, you have a Line 6 amp that has a synth, compressor, envelope filter, octaver, and chorus what else do you need?

[quote name='lateralus462' post='380166' date='Jan 14 2009, 12:17 PM']Dude - forget about the BR, you have a Line 6 amp that has a synth, compressor, envelope filter, octaver, and chorus what else do you need?[/quote]

True but the synth really really is crap, it hardly responds to most stuff you play.

And the built in fx aint much better.

As for compressors, all you can do is turn it up or down.

Oh dear........we have a live one!!! ;)

Thanks for the Warwick Tayste, just wish Id asked sooner.

Now Id like a Markbass 3x10 combo with 2x10 ext cab (matching of course) My Ashdown is good but all I can do is turn it up or down and the Eq is bitch to twiddle to get the right sound. Life is hard at times innit!!!

C

Edited by Voodoosnake

[quote name='ash_sak' post='380359' date='Jan 14 2009, 03:56 PM']True but the synth really really is crap, it hardly responds to most stuff you play.

And the built in fx aint much better.

As for compressors, all you can do is turn it up or down.[/quote]

I'm sure there are loads of people on here just desperate to give away fx pedals that will put the Line 6's fx to shame ;)

Methinks you may be in for a long wait....................

[quote name='Voodoosnake' post='380387' date='Jan 14 2009, 04:30 PM']Now Id like a Markbass 3x10 combo with 2x10 ext cab (matching of course) My Ashdown is good but all I can do is turn it up or down and the Eq is bitch to twiddle to get the right sound. Life is hard at times innit!!!

C[/quote]

Have 2 - they're free apparently!!

Courier knocked on my door this morning and had a parcel for me. It turns out that someone from Basschat sent me an Akai SB-1 out of their good nature.

Well surprised.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='380487' date='Jan 14 2009, 05:44 PM']Come on guys give the guy a break he obviously thought he would try to get something for nothing but has failed and the responses have been funny but I think we should leave the poor bloke alone.[/quote]

no harm in trying.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='380553' date='Jan 14 2009, 06:48 PM']Indeed but you have to be prepared for the consequences and to be fair you have taken it on the chin.[/quote]

If i was asking for a spare E string this this'd be over the top but to ask, as your first post, if anyone has any fx pedals to give away is...well yeah something to be laughed at really.

I have in the mean time though been searching on ebay for cheap kit, post christmas and credit crunch is all it took for people to start flogging their whole fx boards cheaply. (not that the financial crisis is a good thing but might as well make the most of it)

Hey Ashok,

No offence meant mate, it did indeed take some bottle and you have conducted yourself impeccably.

"He who dares wins"

I just had to have a dig. Although, I was laughing whilst replying.

Just a heads up for ya, the Biyang range of pedals on Ebay are a givaway for what you spalsh out. Nice n cheap and usable.

Good luck in your quest for the elusive tone.

Col

Edited by Voodoosnake