Why become a member? ×

Done.

ash_sak

[quote name='Voodoosnake' post='380745' date='Jan 14 2009, 10:07 PM']Hey Ashok,

No offence meant mate, it did indeed take some bottle and you have conducted yourself impeccably.

"He who dares wins"

I just had to have a dig. Although, I was laughing whilst replying.

Just a heads up for ya, the Biyang range of pedals on Ebay are a givaway for what you spalsh out. Nice n cheap and usable.

Good luck in your quest for the elusive tone.

Col[/quote]

no offence taken, when you used to walk around highschool with long frizzy hair that resembled an afro you get worse stuff than that thrown at you.

I'll check them out, i've managed to get about 40 quid together so can now start the hunt.

Does anyone know if Behringer pedals are as awful as their reputation states?
I've used Behringer mixers before but that's all i'd really trust them for...the price being that low just seems wrong

[quote name='ash_sak' post='380799' date='Jan 14 2009, 10:45 PM']no offence taken, when you used to walk around highschool with long frizzy hair that resembled an afro you get worse stuff than that thrown at you.

I'll check them out, i've managed to get about 40 quid together so can now start the hunt.

Does anyone know if Behringer pedals are as awful as their reputation states?
I've used Behringer mixers before but that's all i'd really trust them for...the price being that low just seems wrong[/quote]

I know a lot of people rate their compressors.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='380830' date='Jan 14 2009, 11:02 PM']I know a lot of people rate their compressors.[/quote]
including me ;)

iv had the limiter and the sustainer, both equal to their boss equivilants, and seemed less noisy

[quote name='BassManKev' post='380833' date='Jan 14 2009, 11:08 PM']including me ;)

iv had the limiter and the sustainer, both equal to their boss equivilants, and seemed less noisy[/quote]

really, whoa.
Next time i'm around a guitar shop i shall check if they've got any i can try out.

I'm not really an fx user, as of yet anyway.
Apart from a loop pedal (that's been on order since before christmas) i dont use anything.

...not yet anyway

[quote name='BassManKev' post='380833' date='Jan 14 2009, 11:08 PM']including me ;)

iv had the limiter and the sustainer, both equal to their boss equivilants, and seemed less noisy[/quote]

+1 - I have the Limiter (I paid about 7 quid for it new!!!) and it's a great pedal. I've tested it up against the Boss version and it seems to work just as well and as Kev said is definitely less noisy. The Flanger is less good but is still a very usable pedal for the money.

Edited by lateralus462

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='380904' date='Jan 15 2009, 12:52 AM']For Behringer pedals, the one you don't need to stomp on (like limiters and compressors) are the good ones, because its their plastic breakyness that is their downfall.[/quote]

Our old guitarist was showing off his new Behringer pedals at a gig once, boasting about the fact he'd just bought 4 pedals for half the price of my tuner. The Eq and Tuner pedals didn't last the gig. Fortunately we were playing at a venue on the promenade so they were thrown in the sea within 5 mins of the last song.

Behringer pedals are excellent value for money, as long as you don't have to step on the pedally bit!

[quote name='budget bassist' post='380908' date='Jan 15 2009, 12:59 AM']I have a behringer overdrive pedal and it sounds terrible. Though what should i have expected for £15?[/quote]

The bass overdrive does indeed sound terrible, a side by side comparison with the Boss one showed them to be near identical, fractionally more hiss with the treble turned past 2o'clock on the Behringer.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='381458' date='Jan 15 2009, 04:23 PM']The bass overdrive does indeed sound terrible, a side by side comparison with the Boss one showed them to be near identical, fractionally more hiss with the treble turned past 2o'clock on the Behringer.[/quote]

one of my friends who play bass bought an overdrive pedal and said it was crap so that has been part of my hesitation against touching them, though from looking on ebay there's some going quite cheaply.
Especially compared to other models, and since i dont really know what fx i'm really looking for to use full time a couple of quid on trying it out first ain't too bad.

Forty quid should get you a boss ODB-3 which, is not bad. or CEB-2, or digitech multichorus. It depends what you want but, in my opinion, now that yuo have built in effects, you know what they do, you should be able to decide which one woul you like separately. an Overdrive can be bought as a separate pedal whicle the existing line 6 choruses and flangers would be good enough.

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='381203' date='Jan 15 2009, 12:58 PM']Our old guitarist was showing off his new Behringer pedals at a gig once, boasting about the fact he'd just bought 4 pedals for half the price of my tuner. The Eq and Tuner pedals didn't last the gig. Fortunately we were playing at a venue on the promenade so they were thrown in the sea within 5 mins of the last song.

Behringer pedals are excellent value for money, as long as you don't have to step on the pedally bit![/quote]

MB1. ;)
Ash Saks just put his swimming trunks on and grabbed a towel! :P