Simon127

(PRICE DROP) Trace Elliot V Type prototype Amp (Very rare) 1995 now £950
£1100
Harrietsham

Hi, this is a very rare prototype Trace Elliot V Type Valve bass Amp (200W) from 1995. This was one of the very first V Type's made!
This is in great working order, have used it for many years but now unfortunately, time moves on and sadly I don't play anymore.
As you will from the pics, this has a Trace Elliot badge on the front and not the normal V2, V8 etc and also on the back the labels with serial number are hand written.
I also have copies of the original wiring documents and a copy of a shipping note from Kaman Music (Trace Elliot) to Eric Clapton. Eric Clapton's Bass player in 1995-1996 was Dave Bronze and he had an endorsement from Trace Elliott!
This really is a very rare piece of kit with a bit of history, so please no time wasters.
I'm located near Leeds Castle (Maidstone) in Kent.
Please let me know if you want to come and have a look.
Many thanks
Paul (real name)
07790 315210

2019-10-13 10.16.57.jpg

2019-10-13 10.17.11.jpg

2019-10-13 10.18.17.jpg

2019-10-13 10.18.40.jpg

2019-10-13 10.18.59.jpg

2019-10-13 10.19.43.jpg

2019-10-13 10.20.32.jpg

2019-10-13 10.21.08.jpg

2019-10-13 10.22.53.jpg

2019-10-13 10.26.07.jpg

• Like 7

Just up the road from me.... oooh tempting! I once had a v6 and it was top notch. This sounds like it has some nice history with it too! 

GLWTS

• Like 1

That’s nice,it’s the same as my spare one👍,one I sold had no Trace Elliot badge in the middle

FCFE290D-12D4-4420-BA8F-CD2002E92815.png

Edited by onehandclapping
Added picture
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, andytoad said:

Just up the road from me.... oooh tempting! I once had a v6 and it was top notch. This sounds like it has some nice history with it too! 

GLWTS

Why don't you come and have a look?

9 hours ago, Simon127 said:

Tell me! 

Because it'll cost him 1100 quid 🤣

Beautiful amp, good luck with the sale. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Dubs said:

Because it'll cost him 1100 quid 🤣

Beautiful amp, good luck with the sale. 

Because it will cost me £1100!!!!!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, andytoad said:

Because it will cost me £1100!!!!!

We might be able to come to some arrangement!

Nice amp, I loosely based the all valve preamp of my PC750 heads on this amp, which when I checked was also not dissimilar to the original Fender Bassman front end.

Jon Tuck amp.jpg

• Like 3

On 14/12/2019 at 16:21, Cosmicrain said:

Nice amp, I loosely based the all valve preamp of my PC750 heads on this amp, which when I checked was also not dissimilar to the original Fender Bassman front end.

Jon Tuck amp.jpg

And!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MattW
      1997 UK made Trace Elliot 1048T cabinet.  Well used with some carpet damage and dings but sounds awesome and in is perfect working order.  Comes with original cable and warranty document.
      I bought this as a package with a head that I wanted but the cab is surplus to requirements.
      Collection from Essex, or may deliver locally for diesel money.
      Built like a tank, but sounds incredible.  Perfect for someone needing a cheap but reliable and great sounding 410.

• By mjet260
      Hi
      I came across some old Trace Elliot bass amp catalogs that I got when I bought a TE bass stack about 10 years ago. I don't need them but figured someone might be interested - I can't bring myself to just throw them out. I've put a £5 price here which is just to cover postage - not charging anything for the actual paper. Two catalogs and some miscellaneous paper (manual, settings guide etc). See photos.

• By stewblack
      SOLD 
      PRICE DROP TO £230 that's over two Trace Elliot watts to the pound.
      Ever decide to sell something only to get a sick feeling inside when you get to it? 
      Never understand why folk don't just keep the darn thing. Well in my case it's because I spent the money already. 
      So here goes. 
      Trace Elliot AH500X in used, gigged and worn cosmetic condition. But still able to do the job it was made for. Loud fan which has a quiet setting for those worried about such things. White caps missing from Graphic on/off and Mid cut controls, both work fine (see video)
      Heavy. I will post it but it won't be cheap. Socially distant pick up is available. 
      So what's under the bonnet? Two Trace Elliot 250 watt amps. Doesn't sound much does it? Ever heard a single 250 watt Trace kicking it out? Trust me you won't forget hearing two. 
      You can use both inputs and run them into their own speaker systems. You can use both amps with an internal crossover and send the upper frequency to a small cab and the lower to a big un. This how I use it. Each output is individually adjustable and it is a thing of wonder.
      Alternatively select mono bridged and put that GP 11 MK5 preamp through them together. 

Video - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p-YjDfQDy6WUIWU7KsTf0k3pHwhWnDlN/view?usp=sharing
      Headphones advised! Bass content
    • By stewblack
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1R33lEAj9CkFgxqHQrk2bNn5uePU40Rb9
      All gone, sold. 

• By Ted Theodore Logan, III
      Howdy, y'all eclectic bunch o' “BC'ers"!!

NOW ONLY £345 FOR ALL THIS RAW, SNAKEY, MADE IN ENGLAND, T.E. POWER!!!

Trace Elliot AH300-7 Amp
      &
      Trace Elliot 4x10 Cab 400W 8Ω

Both the Amp and Cab have been re-tolexed and the closest way to describe the finish would be to say that it looks as though a large blue snake swallowed a Trace Eliot rig. Needless to say, it looks awesome!!... Providing you like to ROCK!!!

The AH300-7 is a top quality, English made amp with some very nice features such as; 
      · 7 band graphic eq preamp
      · Built in adjustable Compressor
      · Pre-shape switch
      · Passive/Active inputs
      · Effects send/return
      · Balanced D.I.

Another cool little feature is the gain led meter that lights up to show when you are running the gain too high, too low or just right... I thought that was pretty nifty... All Goldilocks and what-not!!
      The graphic eq can dial in some amazing tone and can also be bypassed should you choose to keep it simple and not take advantage of all that lovely Trace Eliot rich eq mastering...
      On the back it's pretty straightforward, you got the mains input, the on/off switch and two speaker outputs that operate with standard ¼ inch “jack" instrument cable. 
      Minimum load is 4ohms.

The Cab is a 4x10 400W @ 8Ω Trace Elliot behemoth that weighs in at roughly the same weight as a classic 1960's mini cooper. If you are blessed with the strength of ten men (as I am) this is a one-man lift however, if you are an average puny mortal, this cab is certainly not something I can recommend hauling around on a regular basis... unless, of course, you have a very attractive chiropractor whom you would like to visit more often...b
      Cab has recessed handles on‘t' side and rubber feet on‘t' base. Dimensions of cab (including feet) are;
      Height = 71 cm
      Width = 62 cm
      Depth = 43 cm

Everything is working as it should and all sounds fantastic!! The stack had been sat around a while and there were some initial crackles when I first plugged it  & played through.  I have since; opened the  head unit (very carefully) cleaned the connections and cleared fine dust with light air CPU airspray. Also opened rear connection input panel at rear of cabinet, cleared dust and cleaned contacts. Another play through, and now the Blue Snakeskin Bass Rig Behemoth Battle Stack is now primed and ready to Attack, noise free...  👍  .... until you start playing through it...  
      There's a small piece of missing plastic from one of the port covers at the front of the cab (pictured) Also, a covering cap is missing from the gain switch on the amp (pictured)
      The front panel of the amp lights up, which is pretty “rock ‘n' roll" and also features a carry handle so looks like a fancy blue reptile skin briefcase when being held... amp weighs in at 12.4kg. So most puny humans should be able to lift the amp at least...
      Dimensions of Amp (with feet) are:
      Height = 15 cm
      Width= 50 cm
      Depth = 43 cm

I imagine if you want this rig couriered you'd be looking at roughly £2000 so it's collection only or part meet unless you got a spare £2k you wanna throw at it...
      Any questions, please feel free to ask.
      Send me a message if you want me to drive the rig your way (for fuel cost)   Or come visit me, you can have a trial and play 👍 I am more than happy to let you loose on a few different bass guitars so that you can get a real feel for what the trace stack is capable of... 

All the best 

Yum, yum, yum...