Why become a member? ×

My new Family pics :)

Shockwave

So after a brief flirtation with Musicmans i have kept my fave and sold the others.

Heres an updated pic after my latest spending spree!

Musicman Stingray 4 string with piezo pickup. Black sparkle finish, matching headstock. Bought this off of Gafbass02 Bloody lovely sound! Not classic Stingray but with alot more bite, The piezo is fantastic in a solo situation.

Yamaha BB5000, 5 String old school neck thru, Japanese made. 18Volt electronics. Bought this off of Greeneking, Was the last of his 5 strings, and for good reason! Plays smooth as butter and is now my main gigging bass. Lovely Jazz/precision balance, Probably the most versatile out of all my basses.

In the past day i have had two new basses come in, Although its still honeymoon period, they are looking damn good :)

Fender 51\' Precision Reissue, Two Tone sunburst. Jap made. Got it from Floyd Pepper, Completely stock bass, Has a tremondous amount of thump (Until i put my weak man strings on) Now it zings around, Just waiting til they calm down to get a more thumpy tone, The neck is very very me. Love it :huh: Lightest out of all the basses.

Yamaha Attitude II LTD (Billy Sheehan model), Jap model, Dimarzio pickups throughout, some of most complicated switching from three knobs i have ever heard (Trying to puzzle them out) However the bass just sounds like sheehan, Amazing growl, near chorus like sounds. Really really solid construction. Very well made throughout, Love the colour! This one feels real special.

And all of them together. I think i have a nice balance of basses! Just need a jazz now!

Edited by Shockwave

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='374597' date='Jan 8 2009, 11:06 PM']I am really pleased that the BB5000 is working out for you Rob. It needs to be played.

Peter[/quote]
Me too! Its pretty kick ass. The low B really grinds!

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='374601' date='Jan 8 2009, 11:09 PM']Lovely looking collection, Rob! Especially that sea foam green Attitude :huh: (I changed my first post due to asking where the Attitude pics were about 5 secs before you put them up!)

Rich.[/quote]
The attitude is actually brand new, The guy bought it and its one of the first of the new ones in the country. Its never been played and still had the original tags and scratchplate protective plastic.

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='374631' date='Jan 8 2009, 11:33 PM']They look very good together Rob! Also agree that you need a Jazz in that collection to finish it off :)[/quote]
Yeah it'll take a long while til it happens though!

[quote name='budget bassist' post='374635' date='Jan 8 2009, 11:37 PM']nice collection, you seem to have turned it totally inside out within a few months! i love that black sparkle ray, and that yamaha BB is one of the only BB series basses i've ever found attractive (black + gold = timeless classic), very nice :huh:[/quote]
Yeah i am getting sick of changing all the time tbh!

[quote name='Rowbee' post='375732' date='Jan 9 2009, 10:48 PM']Phwoooaaaar!!! Loving that Sheehan with the scalloped frets! So you ditched your previous Musicman basses (including the beautiful Sterling I bought from you) and indulged yourself with another one? :-)[/quote]

Eh? I didnt endulge in another:P I kept the one you played and said you didnt like the sound!

[quote name='Shockwave' post='379306' date='Jan 13 2009, 04:44 PM']Eh? I didnt endulge in another:P I kept the one you played and said you didnt like the sound![/quote]

Ah, I must've been mistaken, I thought it was the red 5 string you sold recently that I played - I had a long journey that day. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Rowbee' post='381835' date='Jan 15 2009, 10:43 PM']Ah, I must've been mistaken, I thought it was the red 5 string you sold recently that I played - I had a long journey that day. ;)[/quote]

[post="0"]my stingray 5[/post]

i am looking at the reissue P

what value do you put on it, rob

i am looking for a 4 and like the older sounds and jazz tones

cheers
geof