Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1338225267' post='1671124']
As in my bass, plus cash for that bass, means my bass is worth less than £1,000.

Don't want to cause any confusion. :)
Sorry steve its me whos confused... Cmon it is monday...
[/quote]

Hi all, help needed for a fellow lefty 10 year old lad with a fair but of talent [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkJkaEHQvdQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkJkaEHQvdQ[/url]

He has his heart set on a Spector legend 5, firstly does any one have one or can any one recommend a similar bass that he might like.
Im guessing about 500 squid budget, does any one have a warwick or like they want to sell?
Cheers!

wey hey! kids slappy happy there! Well done Joe!!

I just sold my Warwick Corvette lefty last week.
The neck was like a telegraph pole. Great, but he would have struggled I think.
Don't you think he needs something more suitably sized?
what about a Headless Steinberger clone by Hohner? great size, weight, and the fastest neck I have ever played...makes slapping an absolute doddle......I am talking about.mine of course :)
I would part with it if young Joe was interested. would look at £180. Showroom condition...never gigged.

Anyway. like to see him playing something with a back beat, slooooow...

Edited by leftyhook

• 2 weeks later...

Blimey, this thread doesn't move very quickly, does it?! :D

Feeler for trade: 2011 American Standard Precision. 3 colour sunburst, Tort pickguard, rosewood fingerboard.
Wanted: Jazz bass

A little while ago I sold my Squier Precision Special and bought the above MIA Precision. But after a month of ownership I've realised that it was the Jazz-like features of that bass that made me like it so much. I find that the bass I pick up to play is always my MIM Jazz. So I'd like to trade the Precision for an 'interesting' Jazz bass. On my wish list are the following[list]
[*]Definitely not black, unless it has a maple fingerboard, and even then, probably not
[*]Probably not 3 colour sunburst (I have a MIM Jazz in this colour)
[*]My ideal bass is a Japanese '75 in Vintage White or Natural.
[*]I'd consider a non-Fender Jazz.
[/list]
Anyone have a J and want a P?

My Precision is absolutely mint. To the extent that it still has the plastic film on the pickguard (including Fender sticker) and the dustbin/CE stickers on the neck plate! It's perfect. I will take some pics if anyone is interested?

Edit: pics below. Apologies for the harsh artificial light. It magnifies swirl marks that are much harder to see with the naked eye. Some fibres from the rug got on the bass too, they're not scratches! :D

Edited by Carlos

Hi
up for sale is this lefty fireglo ricky 4003, as you can see its strung cack handed ?? , so maybe the nut and bridge saddles will need reversing ,it belongs to the cack handed jubilee bassist, he's asking for £2000 ono.... if i'm breaking any forum rules by selling for someone else please
let me know and i'll remove it straight away,
thanks
Paul

Edited by rogerstodge

[quote name='rogerstodge' timestamp='1339535178' post='1690261']
Hi
up for sale is this lefty fireglo ricky 4003, as you can see its strung cack handed ?? so maybe the nut and bridge saddles will need reversing, it

belongs to cack handed jubilee bassist, he's
asking for £2000 ono.... if i'm
breaking any forum rules by selling for someone
else please let me know and i'll remove it
straight away,

thanks
Paul
Also comes with rickenbacker ( looks like new) case
[/quote]

Edited by rogerstodge

Hi Rodger, I take it you mean Lee Pomeroy ? can you ask Lee would he be interested in my Steve Kendall Custom Jazz bass, African Buli front - extra long 35 inch scale fret boared strung the same as his !!!!!!!! EMG jazz + pre pick up's + Steve Kendall eq 24 fret's mint conditrion wax finish. Tell Lee it's Colin from Manchester, he know's me, because he bought my Rickenbacker year's ago !!!!!!! Cheer's Colin.

Tough one! I know Warwick makes lefty versions of their Alien, both fretted and fretless, and there is a 5-string version, but I'm not sure whether they make the 5-string left handed too. There's always Michael Kelly, but they come with all these crazy tree of life inlays and I'm not sure you want that on a fretless... The notes fingered on the inlay will sound a lot different from the notes fingered on bare wood!

[quote name='Carlos' timestamp='1339518582' post='1689790']
Blimey, this thread doesn't move very quickly, does it?! :D

Feeler for trade: 2011 American Standard Precision. 3 colour sunburst, Tort pickguard, rosewood fingerboard.
Wanted: Jazz bass

A little while ago I sold my Squier Precision Special and bought the above MIA Precision. But after a month of ownership I've realised that it was the Jazz-like features of that bass that made me like it so much. I find that the bass I pick up to play is always my MIM Jazz. So I'd like to trade the Precision for an 'interesting' Jazz bass. On my wish list are the following[list]
[*]Definitely not black, unless it has a maple fingerboard, and even then, probably not
[*]Probably not 3 colour sunburst (I have a MIM Jazz in this colour)
[*]My ideal bass is a Japanese '75 in Vintage White or Natural.
[*]I'd consider a non-Fender Jazz.
[/list]
Anyone have a J and want a P?

My Precision is absolutely mint. To the extent that it still has the plastic film on the pickguard (including Fender sticker) and the dustbin/CE stickers on the neck plate! It's perfect. I will take some pics if anyone is interested?

Edit: pics below. Apologies for the harsh artificial light. It magnifies swirl marks that are much harder to see with the naked eye. Some fibres from the rug got on the bass too, they're not scratches! :D

[/quote]
No chance of a direct sale on this mate?

I'm thinking of moving on my Lefty Warwick Thumb Bolt-on 4. In very good condition. Used on recent gigs with no issues.
Will post pictures as soon as possible.
Ideally looking for a straight sale at £600 incl UK postage.
Possible trade ideas.... Thumb 5, MM Sterling (not Sterling by MM), 4 string headless (not sure what but not Hohner), lefty upright!

[quote name='whynot' timestamp='1340467003' post='1704881']
I'm thinking of moving on my Lefty Warwick Thumb Bolt-on 4. In very good condition. Used on recent gigs with no issues.
Will post pictures as soon as possible.
Ideally looking for a straight sale at £600 incl UK postage.
Possible trade ideas.... Thumb 5, MM Sterling (not Sterling by MM), 4 string headless (not sure what but not Hohner), lefty upright!
[/quote]

PIX MAN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PIX!!

[quote name='throwoff' timestamp='1340618557' post='1706943']
PIX MAN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PIX!!
[/quote]

Hopefully by mid week. Not enough time in the day at the moment.
I used it on Saturday's gig, RH450 + Aguilar GS112.... made me smile.