Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

[quote name='Musicfreak1988' timestamp='1330431488' post='1557279']
I want to sell my left-handed Greco EB-500, which is a Gibson EB-3 copy. The bass was made in September 1989, but she looks almost new. I'd say the condition is 9+/10.

This bass has no issues and you get a Gibson USA gig bag for free (worth 50-70 euro).

I haven't owned this bass for long and I'm not looking to make a profit. I just want to get back what I paid. Don't bid lower than 800 euro, excl. shipping (I live in Belgium). I have more pictures on request.
[/quote]

SOLD!

Just a reminder, my Regenerate Axiom is still for sale. Price is still £900. I will be taking it to the Lefty Bass Bash in a couple of weeks, so folks will be able to give it a run out. To get a look at it, follow the linky in the sig.

Edited by leftybassman392

Hi,

Carvin B-4 for sale. I'm not sure what year this was made, personally got it about 4 years ago.
Currently fitted with Rotosound flatwounds. Bass is passive, has one single coil pick-up
and a humbucker which can be split(the little switch) so you can get quite a few different sounds.

Can be tried and tested in Guildford for the moment.
Looking for £230.
You can contact me at [email protected] or 07876522802.

For more pictures have a look here:
[media]http://www.flickr.com/photos/44668660@N08/sets/72157629220093262/with/6836301798/[/media]

[quote name='andrei' timestamp='1331746354' post='1578242']
Hi,

Carvin B-4 for sale. I'm not sure what year this was made, personally got it about 4 years ago.
Currently fitted with Rotosound flatwounds. Bass is passive, has one single coil pick-up
and a humbucker which can be split(the little switch) so you can get quite a few different sounds.

Looking for £230.
[/quote]

I like it a lot! You've got mail :-)

One thing though: is it just me or does that neck look very badly twisted?

Edited by LeftyJ

[quote name='rogerstodge' timestamp='1331755031' post='1578430']
Hi
Whereabouts is the. " lefty bass bash " chaps? Im based in Dartford Kent.
[/quote]

Check out the thread in the 'Events' subforum.

Edit: forgot to mention - if you need a lift, ask on the thread if anybody's coming that way

Edited by leftybassman392

Hi,

Looking for £230.

[media]http://www.flickr.com/photos/44668660@N08/sets/72157629220093262/with/6836301798/[/media]
[/quote]
PM'd!
[quote name='LeftyJ' timestamp='1331800196' post='1578902']
I like it a lot! You've got mail :-)

One thing though: is it just me or does that neck look very badly twisted?
[/quote]
Oh, damn, nevermind. :unsure:

Hi,

Looking for £230.

[/quote]

SOLD

The Carvin arrived at my work address yesterday, well-packed, and in excellent condition. Just a loose strap button and some finish chips around the bottom strap button, but other than that it looks perfect. There is a slight twist in the neck as I suspected from the pictures, but it is so small it does not affect playability and doesn't cause any fretbuzz. I quickly replaced the flatwound strings with some Elixirs and I like it a lot! I've always wanted to try a bass with HS-setup. I was expecting a blend between a Jazz and a Stingray, but it's mostly a LOT of Stingray vibe with some added bottom end and warmth with both pickups engaged and the bridge pickup set to humbucking. The bass is passive and very plain, this is the most basic bass Carvin makes, but looks very well-made and the range of tones is huge. I like it! :)

[quote name='LeftyJ' timestamp='1332504000' post='1589200']
The Carvin arrived at my work address yesterday, well-packed, and in excellent condition. Just a loose strap button and some finish chips around the bottom strap button, but other than that it looks perfect. There is a slight twist in the neck as I suspected from the pictures, but it is so small it does not affect playability and doesn't cause any fretbuzz. I quickly replaced the flatwound strings with some Elixirs and I like it a lot! I've always wanted to try a bass with HS-setup. I was expecting a blend between a Jazz and a Stingray, but it's mostly a LOT of Stingray vibe with some added bottom end and warmth with both pickups engaged and the bridge pickup set to humbucking. The bass is passive and very plain, this is the most basic bass Carvin makes, but looks very well-made and the range of tones is huge. I like it! :)
[/quote]
Glad you like the Carvin I had a 6 string fretless
Great basses very well made

• 2 weeks later...

1980's Aria Pro II RSB Deluxe. Fair condition for its age, but no by no means pefect. Plays like a dream though and has one of the nicest necks I've ever played. Sounds pretty good too, with everything being original exept the bridge pickup having just been rewound by Aaron Armstrong. Basically a PJ pickup config with some weird switching involved - fully passive, with concentric Vol/Tone. They don't make them like this anymore those crazy Japs!! Black with gold hardware.

Not too sure what it's worth but lets start at [s]£200[/s] and see what happens.[b] [s]Price drop to £150[/s][/b][s] [b]& shipping[/b][/s] [color=#ff0000][b]SOLD[/b][/color]

Serial No. is 5082459, meaning (I think) that it was made in 1985.

cheers

D.

Edited by deksawyer

[quote name='wildus' timestamp='1332541977' post='1589979']
Glad you like the Carvin I had a 6 string fretless
Great basses very well made
[/quote]

Indeed! Their resale value is absolutely crap though. I wonder why!

[quote name='HADGE' timestamp='1334144944' post='1611490']
[b]Sorry to change the subject but any of you lefties want to swap my ibenez musician left haded for a ricky bass i will give you some cash as well thanks lads.[/b]
[/quote]

I have no Rickenbacker to offer you, but I may be interested in the Musician! Do you have any pics?
I already have two, but my '83 (a fantastic player, sounds amazing) looks like it (barely!) survived a war and I would really like to have a prettier one as well :)