Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

[quote name='LeftyBiskit' timestamp='1336219659' post='1642651']
Hi I all,
I need to move a couple of Basses,
from my collection as they arent getting used,
so up for sale is my Burns Bison Bass,- A real looker sounds amazing plays well too.Diamond White with gold hardware comes with Hard Case £270-collected[attachment=107079:Photo0138.jpg][attachment=107080:Photo0135.jpg][attachment=107081:Photo0136.jpg][attachment=107082:Photo0137.jpg]
Also I am shifting my Retro vibe RV4-Black body with white binding,2 musicman style pups,deep rich tones(only 1 of 8 made according to David at Prosebass)£195.00
this bass is only 10 months old and has never left the house[attachment=107085:Photo0139.jpg][attachment=107087:Photo0141.jpg][attachment=107089:Photo0140.jpg]
collection from Bolton -thank's for looking.
Pics added.
Trev
[/quote]

PM'd re the Retrovibe.

*** SOLD ***

I've decided to sell my 1978 Rickenbacker 4001 in JetGlo. I have two and I need to sell one in order to buy a Fender Precision. It's in very good condition, some minor dinks and chips from it's 34 year history. In particular there is some buckle rash close to the jack plate, and wear to the lacquer on the neck, where the bass would normally be held (see pics) The bass was recently setup at Rickysounds and fitted with Rotosound strings. At the same time, I bought a replacement pickguard as the original had a crack (I still have the original). I've obscured the serial number in the pictures, but will happily provide it to any potential buyer via email/pm. I believe it has been re-fretted at some point (see pics) - it shows no sign of fret wear. The bass comes with a proper Rickenbacker Deluxe left handed case - as rare as the guitars themselves and worth a good few quid by itself. The case has a crack at the corner, which I've glued to prevent it spreading. It doesn't affect the integrity of the case.

The bass owes me £1700. That's the price, it's firm and I won't sell for less. If I can't achieve that, I'll keep it and think of another way to raise the cash for the p-bass! I'd consider a trade/part exchange for a P-bass - American or Japanese, please let me know what you have.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Carlos

[i]Hi Carlos where abouts are you as i have been looking at rickys for a while now i have got most basses i wanted but not a ricky yet ok mate if you want to get back to me and we might have a sale cheers for now[/i]

thanks Carlos i m might be in touch later in week as i have someone coming to buy a ibenez musician of me its very rear in left handed so i am exspectin a good price cheers for now catch you later .

Hey Carlos,
I have a 2005 Standard American Precision that I've put for sale - would be interested in a trade if you're willing to ship to the US. What did you have in mind?

Edited by belimad

Hi fellow lefties,

I'm looking to upgrade my bass gear.

As part of this process i'm looking to move on my G&L L2000 Tribute bass. It's in natural gloss with a rosewood fretboard.

I've had the bass for about 2 years now & has never been gigged, as i only play indoors as a hobby, due to the unpredictable shifts i work.

I am selling it with a Harley Benton hard case, which i bought from Thomann about a year ago.

Ideally looking for £420 plus postage.

Here's the blurb from G&L website;

PICKUPS
2 Fullerton-made G&L Magnetic Field Design humbucking pickups
BODY WOOD
Basswood or Swamp Ash
NECK WOOD
Hard Rock Maple with Rosewood or Maple fingerboard
NECK RADIUS
12" (304.8mm)
NECK WIDTH AT NUT
1 3/4" (44.5mm)
TUNING KEYS
Open-back traditional tuners
BRIDGE
G&L Saddle Lock bridge with nickel plated die-cast saddles.
CONTROLS
G&L Tri-Tone active/passive electronics, 3-way mini-toggle pickup selector, series/parallel mini-toggle, preamp control mini-toggle (off/on/on with high frequency EQ boost)

[attachment=107593:P1010055.JPG][attachment=107594:P1010051.JPG][attachment=107595:P1010053.JPG]

Edited by graz66

[quote name='graz66' timestamp='1336726669' post='1649935']
Hi fellow lefties,

I'm looking to upgrade my bass gear.

As part of this process i'm looking to move on my G&L L2000 Tribute bass. It's in natural gloss with a rosewood fretboard.

I've had the bass for about 2 years now & has never been gigged, as i only play indoors as a hobby, due to the unpredictable shifts i work.

I am selling it with a Harley Benton hard case, which i bought from Thomann about a year ago.

Ideally looking for £420 plus postage.

Here's the blurb from G&L website;

PICKUPS
2 Fullerton-made G&L Magnetic Field Design humbucking pickups
BODY WOOD
Basswood or Swamp Ash
NECK WOOD
Hard Rock Maple with Rosewood or Maple fingerboard
NECK RADIUS
12" (304.8mm)
NECK WIDTH AT NUT
1 3/4" (44.5mm)
TUNING KEYS
Open-back traditional tuners
BRIDGE
G&L Saddle Lock bridge with nickel plated die-cast saddles.
CONTROLS
G&L Tri-Tone active/passive electronics, 3-way mini-toggle pickup selector, series/parallel mini-toggle, preamp control mini-toggle (off/on/on with high frequency EQ boost)

[attachment=107593:P1010055.JPG][attachment=107594:P1010051.JPG][attachment=107595:P1010053.JPG]
[/quote]

A Friday afternoon bump :-)

[color=#000000]LEFTY[/color][color=#000000] G&L [/color][color=#000000]L2500[/color][color=#000000] almost-vintage 5-string Bass Guitar.[/color]
[color=#000000]Natural Blonde finish. In excellent condition. [/color]
[color=#000000]Alder body, Maple Neck w/ Maple fingerboard showing beautiful wood grain. Weighs 9.5lbs.[/color]
[color=#000000]G&L Saddle-Lock Bridge. G&L Magnetic Field Humbuckers have individual adjustable pole pieces.[/color]
[color=#000000]Tri-Tone active/passive electronics. [/color]
[color=#000000]Built Nov 3, 1998 in Fullerton, CA. American made, authentic G&L Bass.[/color]
[color=#000000]SN# CL07648 registered with G&L.[/color]
[color=#000000]This is not a cheaper foreign-made Tribute model.[/color]
[color=#000000]In 1997, G&L basses underwent an improvement in build quality by going to a much stronger 6-bolt neck design which this one has. The headstock has the classic "bump" design.[/color]
[color=#000000]This bass is all original, with the exception of a really nicely done MUTE switch which has been added below the other micro switches. SEE PHOTO…it's really cool and blends in perfectly with the design...[/color]

[color=#000000]The controls on a G&L are as follows: [/color]

[color=#000000]Master Volume knob 3-way pickup selector switch[/color]
[color=#000000]Treble knob active/passive switch[/color]
[color=#000000]Bass knob Preamp Off/On/On w/ treble boost[/color]
[color=#000000]mute switch (custom)[/color]

[color=#000000]This is a very sweet sounding and playing bass. The only wear mark is a slight discoloration spot on the end of the headstock. It is nicely balanced and very comfortable to wear.[/color]

[color=#000000]Includes hardshell case. Also has matching Schaller Strap-Lock buttons.[/color]

[color=#000000]£1000 - Please call me on 07795 116666[/color]

Edited by Biggsy

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1338076427' post='1669455']
Want to swap for a 90's Fender jap Jazz Bass, Sunburst, with a tort plate, loaded with EMG's, Badass and J Retro, plus cash?
[/quote]

Would you be interested in any kind of sale for this bass ??!!!!