Aria Pro 5 string bass
Maple neck with nice action
Passive electronics
Fitted with Status half wound strings
Has some scuffs & marks but plays great
£100
[/quote]
Sold

Just a quick bump for my FenderBird bass £250 inc HSC its loaded with Rickenbacker pick ups etc etc !!!

BTW would px for Line6 Bass pod pro xt or fretless Jazz or a used Ford Focus ST 2.5...erm.

Edited by mxm

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PaulWarning:[/font][/color]
[color=#FF0000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Stingray 4 3EQ Black amd maple with MM case - £750 or Part ex for Fender P[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Do you still have this Paul? Any pics?[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cheers,[/font][/color]

[quote name='synaesthesia' timestamp='1328566208' post='1529354']
How odd, I had one I defretted and it was stolen in Liverpool in 1991. It was a nice sounding bass.
[/quote]
Odd indeed. Must be all that gold hardware making them susceptible.

Time to put up another of my basses for sale. This time it's one most people won't have heard of. It's a Regenerate Axiom (up-market Jazz clone made by a guy that produces them in very small numbers based in Seattle).

Here's the link to it (which contains some of the tech specs - others available from the Maker's website):

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/58521-regenerate-axiom-lefty/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/58521-regenerate-axiom-lefty/[/url]

I tried hard with the photos but they really don't do it justice. It's never been gigged or used in anger in any way and is immaculate. Comes in a very sturdy and high quality heavy canvas gigbag.

Very hard to know how to price this. Cost me $1700US (£1100 or so) a couple of years ago, and if I hadn't been in the country already on holiday there would have been around £400 on top of that in transit and taxes.

I had it set up recently at the Gallery in Camden, and not knowing the price they reckoned that in the UK it would have been good value at £2000 new.

Shall we start at £900?

[quote name='leftybassman392' timestamp='1329146542' post='1537783']
Time to put up another of my basses for sale. This time it's one most people won't have heard of. It's a Regenerate Axiom (up-market Jazz clone made by a guy that produces them in very small numbers based in Seattle).

Here's the link to it (which contains some of the tech specs - others available from the Maker's website):

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/58521-regenerate-axiom-lefty/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/58521-regenerate-axiom-lefty/[/url]

I tried hard with the photos but they really don't do it justice. It's never been gigged or used in anger in any way and is immaculate. Comes in a very sturdy and high quality heavy canvas gigbag.

It's a beauty of a bass.I've played it.Like a Sadowsky on steroids :-) The passive mode with able to EQ is genius.Good luck selling Andy & hope you're well mate.D
Very hard to know how to price this. Cost me $1700US (£1100 or so) a couple of years ago, and if I hadn't been in the country already on holiday there would have been around £400 on top of that in transit and taxes.

I had it set up recently at the Gallery in Camden, and not knowing the price they reckoned that in the UK it would have been good value at £2000 new.

Shall we start at £900?
[/quote]

It's a beauty of a bass.I've played it.Like a Sadowsky on steroids :-) The passive mode with able to EQ is genius.Good luck selling Andy & hope you're well mate.D

[quote name='leftybassman392' timestamp='1329146542' post='1537783']

Shall we start at £900?
[/quote]

[u][b]CALLING ALL LEFTY PLAYERS! [/b][/u]

For my second year professional uni project, I have decided to to see if the amount of lefty instruments available, is proportionate to the amount of players, and what all the contributing factors are, aswell as some research into the left/right brain hemisphere argument.

[u][b]I NEED YOUR HELP :[/b][/u] I have a short 5 question survey, it would mean alot if you could do it. There is no emailing, just answer and click done!!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3MXKBG2

I'll do doing a heap of market research, aswell as researching the ratio of lefty's to righty's in musical environments AND in non-musical environments, and also I will be asking the main manufacturers how they do their market research, and potentially [b]BRING ABOUT CHANGE.[/b]

Thank you so much for your time.

hey, just wanted to stick a quick post in to say i'm back! :D Had a break from everything bass while i went mad... (moohahahahah) but i'm back, gigging a lot, and really enjoying music again. currently on my lefty Cort B5... more importantly i got my RAH1000 trace working again. W00t!.

Lefty lefty lefty FTW!

[quote name='Leftbass' timestamp='1329130467' post='1537418']
Decided to move one of my Yamaha 405s' due to no longer requiring 5 strings. One of two I bought this one as a spare. ( might has well have an identical one I thought) It has spent most of the time in its case seeing as I never needed to use it. It is clear of dings and dents and has no buckle rash. Strings are as new Warwick red label 45 to 135. Great sounding passive basses that are in my opinion better than the TRB models ( I've had two of those) Comfortable to gig with, wide string spacing 18 mm centre to centre and awesome to look at. Included is a hard case and broad leather strap. £320 posted or possible trade for Mex Jazz :happy:
[color=#FF8C00]Now on Ebay[/color]
Pics...

[/quote]

[quote name='DudleyPowell' timestamp='1329773636' post='1547228']

For my second year professional uni project, I have decided to to see if the amount of lefty instruments available, is proportionate to the amount of players, and what all the contributing factors are, aswell as some research into the left/right brain hemisphere argument.

[u][b]I NEED YOUR HELP :[/b][/u] I have a short 5 question survey, it would mean alot if you could do it. There is no emailing, just answer and click done!!

[url="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3MXKBG2"]http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3MXKBG2[/url]

I'll do doing a heap of market research, aswell as researching the ratio of lefty's to righty's in musical environments AND in non-musical environments, and also I will be asking the main manufacturers how they do their market research, and potentially [b]BRING ABOUT CHANGE.[/b]

[/quote]

Done!

[url="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3MXKBG2"]http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3MXKBG2[/url]

[/quote]
Sorted

I researched and wrote and article on left handed basses a few years ago. Given that only about 10% of the population are lefties, the number of lefty basses available probably exceeds that - this is especially true at the entry and low price end of the market.
Warwick, for instance, offer nearly all of their basses in leftie and Musicman supply their most popular models in leftie. Of course Gibson offer nothing and Fender - possibly the iconic bass brand - only offer one Precision and two Jazz models. The real pain, is that the choice is generally limited and special editions are rarely issued in left hand form.
From memory, when I did the piece, about 17% of basses offered in the UK were left handed (bearing in mind that Warwick offered almost 100% and Fender around 5% of their ranges)
In the past I have gone down the Warmoth route to build custom lefties although I've now gone full circle and back to an 'old skool' American Precision.
Good luck with the research - I'll have a Musicman Stingray HH with Piezo in Rebel Yellow with an ebony fretboard and black hardware when you persuade them all to offer some decent specials!!

[/quote]

DONE

[quote name='tografox' timestamp='1329863932' post='1548925']
I researched and wrote and article on left handed basses a few years ago. Given that only about 10% of the population are lefties, the number of lefty basses available probably exceeds that - this is especially true at the entry and low price end of the market.
Warwick, for instance, offer nearly all of their basses in leftie and Musicman supply their most popular models in leftie. Of course Gibson offer nothing and Fender - possibly the iconic bass brand - only offer one Precision and two Jazz models. The real pain, is that the choice is generally limited and special editions are rarely issued in left hand form.
From memory, when I did the piece, about 17% of basses offered in the UK were left handed (bearing in mind that Warwick offered almost 100% and Fender around 5% of their ranges)
In the past I have gone down the Warmoth route to build custom lefties although I've now gone full circle and back to an 'old skool' American Precision.
Good luck with the research - I'll have a Musicman Stingray HH with Piezo in Rebel Yellow with an ebony fretboard and black hardware when you persuade them all to offer some decent specials!!
[/quote]

Interesting. Do you happen to remember whether it was 17% by model or 17% of actual sales? Also, I wonder if it would be the same now. You'd like to think it would be better, but I'm not so sure.

Yes, there are lots of instruments available lefthanded. The 17% estimate surprises me, I would expect more. But indeed, still disappointingly limited. And in most cases no special finish options or pickup / hardware variations. Fender is indeed the most disappointing example out there: only the American Standard P and J, and the MIM Standard J. And only with rosewood fingerboard and limited colour options (MIA: black with white 3-ply pickguard + sunburst with tortoise 3-ply pickguard. MIM: black + sunburst, both with white 3-ply pickguard). Fender Japan offers some tasty lefties, but those Japanese are keeping all good stuff for their domestic market :(. There are some online stores that will ship outside Japan, and there are some folks here in Europe that will import MIJ Fenders, but with added taxes those prices are eerily close to what a MIA Fender sells for here.

@Tografox: I agree, I too wish EBMM would offer their twin-pickup models and the piezo option in lefty! :mellow:

17% by model seems about right to me - around 1 in 6 of the model variants that are available to righties (depends a bit how you define a model variant of course but even so). When you consider that Fender and it's direct derivatives have by far the largest share of the market and their catalogue offerings to Lefties continue to be appalling (whereas Warwick, for example, who seem to perform much better but whose market share is a great deal smaller, won't have much of an influence on the figures), this figure doesn't really surprise me.

Edited by leftybassman392

[quote name='leftybassman392' timestamp='1329939492' post='1550149']
Interesting. Do you happen to remember whether it was 17% by model or 17% of actual sales? Also, I wonder if it would be the same now. You'd like to think it would be better, but I'm not so sure.
[/quote]

From memory - no idea where my notes are - it was my calculation based on models available in the UK. No one I spoke to would impart any financial information so no idea about lefty sales - or righty for that matter!!

[quote name='tografox' timestamp='1330034722' post='1551940']
From memory - no idea where my notes are - it was my calculation based on models available in the UK. No one I spoke to would impart any financial information so no idea about lefty sales - or righty for that matter!!
[/quote]

Thanks for coming back, but I already worked it out - for it to be sales based, lefty bass players (who actually play lefty and haven't gone over to the dark side) would need to be outbuying everyone else by around 3 or 4 to 1! :facepalm:

Edited by leftybassman392

I have the feeling lefties buy less brand new instruments. We're fully dependent on what's in stock in stores, and lefty stock is very limited. If we want anything out of the ordinary we have to order it, wait months, make a deposit, and if the instrument we ordered does not meet our expectations we're still stuck with it or we lose our deposit. I think not many lefties are willing to take that risk, and prefer to take the safer route: buy secondhand, one on one, so we're able to try before we buy. Or buy secondhand so we can always sell the instrument at zero loss when it's not what we expect. The lefty community on internet is fairly small, so we all 'know' eachother, the stuff each of us owns and sells, and we know who we can trust and who to stay away from I guess.

How do you guys feel about this?