Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

[quote name='leftybassman392' post='887314' date='Jul 6 2010, 01:59 PM']Weekly bump for my MIM Jazz. Link in a previous post in this thread.[/quote]

Man i am sorely tempted but I just don't like Sunburst basses. Real deal to be had tho. Good Luck

Just to make you aware I was on thomann.de and they are selling Lefty Warwick fortress rock basses for £240 doesnt matter if you buy a 4 or 5 fretless or fretted. All £240 in several different finishes. which as far as i can see is cheaper than the righty ones.

Now everyone together: HAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

If i wasnt going to Japan next month id be ordering one. Only issue is they have that terrible rockbass logo. Not being a gear snob just thing the logo it tits.

You can keep your Squier Jazzes I would be getting one of these.

I had a look over on Thomann, there's a fretless Streamer that's tempting me, it's only £150, so having never played fretless, i'm sure i could move it on fairly easily on here if i couldn't get on with it!

Definitely tempted!

EDIT: RockBass Streamer, that is!!

Edited by rasher80

[quote name='Dread Bass' post='901231' date='Jul 21 2010, 08:03 PM']Just to make you aware I was on thomann.de and they are selling Lefty Warwick fortress rock basses for £240 doesnt matter if you buy a 4 or 5 fretless or fretted. All £240 in several different finishes. which as far as i can see is cheaper than the righty ones.

Now everyone together: HAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

If i wasnt going to Japan next month id be ordering one. Only issue is they have that terrible rockbass logo. Not being a gear snob just thing the logo it tits.

You can keep your Squier Jazzes I would be getting one of these.[/quote]

I purchased one of those Rockbass fortresses and it went straight back. There was a 3mm gap either side of the neck pocket and the neck moved when you tuned it :) The preamp was dangling around loose in the control cavity. It came with a factory inspection tag on it stating that the action at the 12th fret was 2mm the action was actually 11mm and didnt respond very well to lowering the action - just caused major fret buzz. the frets were very uneven in terms of height. The neck needed like a 5mm shim to get it anywhere near close to being playable. and the strings it came with are designed with the sole purpose of shredding 6mm of skin off all your fingers.

Thomann charge 30 euros for returns and then I ended up losing another £17 due to credit card exchange rate charges.

But saying all that it felt just right in terms of weight and balance and the sound was awesome.

It was the 5-string left handed model in honey finish - just so if you do buy one they dont send you the same one.

Thomanns ordering process state that they inspect and setup every guitar before delivering it - yeah right!!! LOL

Edited by BassHertz

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Here I have for trade a USA fender Jazz deluxe 4 string 2007 LEFTHANDED. I will post some pics tomoz.

I am after a jazz bodied/ or similar 5 string. Custom or high end. I really want a natural wood finish. mine plus cash for the right special one. Other finishes and other 5 stringers considered!

Come on guys, I know some one is harbouring my next dream bass!!!

Edited by patch006

SADLY I HAVE DECIDED TO LET MY BELOVED 7 STRING BASS GO. ITS A HK INSTRUMENTS WTHB-S9 WITH KENT ARMSTRONG PICKUPS, WILKINSON HARDWARE ETC. IT IS CURRENTLY UP ON EBAY BUT I WILL LET IT GO FOR £220 TO BASSCHATTERS

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160466866784"]CLICK HERE[/url]

[b]SOLD TO BC'er senorvalasco 12/08/2010[/b][u][/u]

Edited by BassHertz

[quote name='krzysztof' post='921875' date='Aug 11 2010, 07:00 PM']Any lefties looking to part with a 6 string/Fender MIA(or MIJ)sunburst rosewood Pbass please hit me up
K[/quote]

Apologies for my ignorance - does this model exist ?!!!

[quote name='BassHertz' post='920733' date='Aug 10 2010, 03:39 PM']SADLY I HAVE DECIDED TO LET MY BELOVED 7 STRING BASS GO. ITS A HK INSTRUMENTS WTHB-S9 WITH KENT ARMSTRONG PICKUPS, WILKINSON HARDWARE ETC. IT IS CURRENTLY UP ON EBAY BUT I WILL LET IT GO FOR £220 TO BASSCHATTERS

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160466866784"]CLICK HERE[/url][/quote]

Hi BassHertz, promised I'd leave you some feedback after you sold me such a splendid bass. I can't stop looking at the thing! The guitar is in top condition, you obviously took very good care of it. Top man - cheers!

PS After skulking around on the forum for what seems like ages, I've finally bothered to post something! :)