Why become a member? ×

Any ideas?

ashevans09

Got linked this:

[url="http://www.rebelhead450.com/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=banner&utm_content=unitedkingdom1&utm_campaign=rebelhead450"]http://www.rebelhead450.com/?utm_source=fa...gn=rebelhead450[/url]

Any ideas? I think I saw a picture of Shavo Odadjian there so maybe an Ashdown product that maybe is one of those doo hickies that alter the pitch of your bass to be perfectly in tune?

Who knows...

Is the product called "rebelhead450"?
If so then you naturally jump to the obvious conclusion. As for the whole iphone thing, i reckon (if it is ashdown and it is a head) it's something along the lines of the superfly, like an amp with a digital programmable front end?

Just my uneducated guess!

EDIT: There's also some schematic diagrams in there, saw "tuner out" so looks like a head or a pre...

Edited by lemmywinks

[quote]All we’re gonna say is that this will be to the bass world what the iPhone was to cell phones[/quote]
An over-priced gimmick-invested mobile phone that sold through marketing instead of technology?

Cool. That means that whatever this new thing is, other manufacturers will have something that works better and at a reasonable price within 3 months.

[quote name='Eight' post='368856' date='Jan 2 2009, 09:07 PM']An over-priced gimmick-invested mobile phone that sold through marketing instead of technology?

Cool. That means that whatever this new thing is, other manufacturers will have something that works better and at a reasonable price within 3 months.[/quote]

Guaranteed.

[quote name='Eight' post='368856' date='Jan 2 2009, 09:07 PM']An over-priced gimmick-invested mobile phone that sold through marketing instead of technology?

Cool. That means that whatever this new thing is, other manufacturers will have something that works better and at a reasonable price within 3 months.[/quote]

that made me giraffe.

Dunno about the bass playing iPhone, most bassists I know have only just got a mobile that doesn't come with a car battery on a curly lead. :)

But...

[quote name='rayfw' post='368838' date='Jan 2 2009, 08:47 PM']I reckon a 450W head with some kind of touch screen controls.[/quote]
I think you've got it there.

Whatever it is, i already know i don't want one (or any of it's competitors), for the reasons you specified!

I submitted:
[quote]An amp akin to the iphone in that it costs way too much, doesn't work to begin with and nobody needs anyway[/quote]
I guarantee i guessed right but won't have a hope in hell of getting picked, unless the judges have a sense of humour.

Edited by budget bassist

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='budget bassist' post='369031' date='Jan 3 2009, 12:39 AM']I submitted:

I guarantee i guessed right but won't have a hope in hell of getting picked, unless the judges have a sense of humour.[/quote]

And is locked down to only play one style of music presumably ;)

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='369019' date='Jan 3 2009, 12:28 AM']The domain is registered in Denmark to tcelectronic, so perhaps its a bass version of whatever they released for guitar last year. Like the nova system or something?[/quote]
What's this hiding behind MarloweDK? He did say something about using some tcelectronics stuff that he had to keep quiet about. Maybe this is it?
[url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=19jyoOVF81s"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=19jyoOVF81s[/url]