Why become a member? ×

Clock

stewblack

The clock is showing the correct time but was 'adjusted' by 60min. It might also be a good idea for people to check in their user profiles that they've ticked the box allowing adjustment for daylight saving too.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='3481' date='May 21 2007, 11:13 AM']The clock is showing the correct time but was 'adjusted' by 60min. It might also be a good idea for people to check in their user profiles that they've ticked the box allowing adjustment for daylight saving too.[/quote]
Ah - I wondered if we all had our own adjustment to make. Makes sense I suppose - we are an international forum aftrawl.

[quote name='dlloyd' post='4374' date='May 22 2007, 01:22 PM']You can check your settings by clicking "My Controls" at the top of the page, then something on the left hand side...

Edit: ..."Board Settings"[/quote]

Thanks,

I chose a different time zone, applied, then went back to GMT, applied.

Now it's fine.

Success!

Cheers,

Paul.

[quote name='stanton119' post='5047' date='May 23 2007, 12:24 PM']I had the same problem. I solved it by changing my time setting to a different time zone, and turing off Auto DLS, turning on DLS. I saved it, then changed them back again, and the time is now correct.[/quote]

Tried that and when I logged out and back in again it reverted back to being an hour ahead.

[quote name='Tinman' post='5055' date='May 23 2007, 12:28 PM']Tried that and when I logged out and back in again it reverted back to being an hour ahead.[/quote]
That happened to me too - its done me out of a whole hour of my birthday! :)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='phatmonkey' post='5040' date='May 23 2007, 11:19 AM']I'll have a look at this in the evening when I have some. So I can make comparisons, can everybody please post here saying whether they are having troubles with the time or not when it is set to the correct time zone in board settings (GMT for most of us) and auto DST is switched on. Thanks.[/quote]

I have GMT set and auto DST switched on.

When I log in, the time is correct (BST).

When I log out, the time is one hour behind (GMT). No way I'm going to
be posting to Basschat before 7.00 am!

Kind regards,

Pete

Thanks Phatmonkey. According to the bug reports, it is intended behaviour! Riight.

I think it's actually showing the time of the server, so I guess it could be argued that
it's the server which isn't doing the right thing DST wise. Oh well.

Reminds me of the happy hours spent trying to work out why 'BST' was always 9
hours ahead, until I discovered that that particular (US) vendor assumed it stood for
'Bangladeshi Standard Time'.