Why become a member? ×

Spector Euro 4. *SOLD* Pending payment

warwickhunt

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='356213' date='Dec 16 2008, 05:36 PM']It is an absolute given that on any given thread on a bass forum if anyone has to describe the neck of a Warwick that the term 'clubby' will be used by the vast majority of contributors... Yes?

Well how come this Spector neck is BIG compared to all of my Warwicks?[/quote]

Because the comparison is usually made against the current batch of Warwicks.... not the original 80's/early 90's ones... :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='356607' date='Dec 17 2008, 06:59 AM']Hence the radical design changes to avoid prosecution... angle the tuners and fit a different bridge! :huh:[/quote]

Yep, that was about it! :)

Though I believe they did pay an out of court settlement to Stuart/Ned many years later....

:) Ahem... :huh: Cough...

This is officially up for sale!

If you want all of the ins and outs of why then PM me but ultimately I had GAS, had to have one and now someone can reap the rewards of my narrow-mindedness.

Sale price of £670 will include straplocks, a nearly new (I've used it for my Streamer) poly hardcase (not a Spector case but a one that I bought online to ship a Dolphin bass in before I realised the model case that I bought had a preshaped interior... Spector/Streamer shaped not Dolphin) AND price includes shipping in the UK. Before anybody chips in with the fact that a couple of these were recently available @ £599, I know that! I had the opportunity to buy those BEFORE I informed the present owners they were available; as it happens I wanted this amber finish rather then the black cherry or blue so I passed those up in preference for this one.

There are a couple Spector Euro basses available in REVERB stores etc but the best price I got from them was £999 (up to £1249)... so quite a saving on new (more so if you go to Thomann).

I'm not flexible on the price (I may have more money than sense but I'm not a feckin eedjit :huh: ) but it is possible you could have this before Christmas.

You are now free to direct your ire and incredulity at my folly, as you see fit. :huh: :huh:

Sorry to hear it's not for you John. I had band practice with mine last night and it was as good as I'd expected, and I had expected a lot. Lots of in yer face bassiness.

With a new distributor in the offing the present availabilty is drying up and the prices as going in the same direction for new stock.

As an example Thomann were a bit over £1500. They are now :

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/spector_euro_4_lx_fmt_bc.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/spector_euro_4_lx_fmt_bc.htm[/url]

:)

So this is a real opportunity folks to grab a great bass at a price that's really reasonable.

Peter

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='358931' date='Dec 19 2008, 04:20 PM']Sorry to hear it's not for you John. I had band practice with mine last night and it was as good as I'd expected, and I had expected a lot. Lots of in yer face bassiness.

With a new distributor in the offing the present availabilty is drying up and the prices as going in the same direction for new stock.

As an example Thomann were a bit over £1500. They are now :

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/spector_euro_4_lx_fmt_bc.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/spector_euro_4_lx_fmt_bc.htm[/url]

:huh:

So this is a real opportunity folks to grab a great bass at a price that's really reasonable.

Peter[/quote]

Cheers Peter.

The good thing is that £780 was a far better price than £1500+ :)

this made me smile.
when i saw them for sale my thought was:
"i know someone who is looking for one of them, Ill tell him, he wont be interested as I can not for the life of me imagine why/how that would be so much better than the Streamer he sold me 6 months ago."

:) at least this one isn't blue so folk will buy it!

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='359037' date='Dec 19 2008, 06:30 PM']this made me smile.
when i saw them for sale my thought was:
"i know someone who is looking for one of them, Ill tell him, he wont be interested as I can not for the life of me imagine why/how that would be so much better than the Streamer he sold me 6 months ago."

:) [size=4][b]at least this one isn't blue so folk will buy it![/b][/size][/quote]

Just watch, blue will be everyone's favourite colour! :huh:

I still smile when i see that bass
I owned this red warwick streamer for nearly five years and its great, but i never loved it as much as warwickhunt does (he owned it before me) the irony is ive played warwick streamers for ten years, and i only used them because i wanted a spector and thought i couldnt afford one, great design and fantastic whatever you use , both are great basses whichever you use- lee :huh:

The impostor and the originator...

<edit>

I've yet to bling the Spector out with the new gold knobs that I have. :)
[/quote]

[quote name='lee650' post='359304' date='Dec 19 2008, 11:53 PM']I still smile when i see that bass
I owned this red warwick streamer for nearly five years and its great, but i never loved it as much as warwickhunt does (he owned it before me) the irony is ive played warwick streamers for ten years, and i only used them because i wanted a spector and thought i couldnt afford one, great design and fantastic whatever you use , both are great basses whichever you use- lee :)[/quote]

I'd dearly love to fill in the gaps between me part-exing this to Howard Satterly at Newcastle's 'Bass Place' and you getting it; it must have had an interim owner or two!

Yeah John
I bought it off howard as you know, but we should try and find the interim owners, i wonder if they are basschatters, Howard must know who had it before me , i didnt really ask at the time he, did mention the refinish by dave though, i do know i went to my bank at the time and extended my loan to buy it and a fantastic EBS rig at the time, being an employee of a bank now , i now know that was a bloody silly thing to do, as my then girlfriend and now wife informed me at the time.
But hey the GAS rules and wifes are a walking continent of common sense. have a great xmas mate-lee :)

I'd dearly love to fill in the gaps between me part-exing this to Howard Satterly at Newcastle's 'Bass Place' and you getting it; it must have had an interim owner or

[quote name='ednaplate' post='359321' date='Dec 20 2008, 12:34 AM']As the proud owner of both models I can vouch for their magnificence although the price increase for Spectors does seem a bit daft in the current climate. I'd never thought of blinging my Euro with god knobs but I think I just might.[/quote]

'IF' it is a deal clincher I have a brand new set of Warwick gold knobs that I can put on the bass!

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='359332' date='Dec 20 2008, 12:56 AM']I've just got in (slightly pissed) from seeing Alan (NGH) using his backline and Spector Euro.

Immense!![/quote]

Then you must want another one Peter. :)

[quote name='lee650' post='359351' date='Dec 20 2008, 01:32 AM']Yeah John
I bought it off howard as you know, but we should try and find the interim owners, i wonder if they are basschatters, Howard must know who had it before me , i didnt really ask at the time he, did mention the refinish by dave though, i do know i went to my bank at the time and extended my loan to buy it and a fantastic EBS rig at the time, being an employee of a bank now , i now know that was a bloody silly thing to do, as my then girlfriend and now wife informed me at the time.
But hey the GAS rules and wifes are a walking continent of common sense. have a great xmas mate-lee :huh:[/quote]

Funnily enough I've spoken to Howard on the phone a couple of times in the last few weeks and I was planning on calling in on him as it's been a long while since we've seen each other... in fact that sounds like a nice way of whiling away the next few hours!

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='359332' date='Dec 20 2008, 12:56 AM']I've just got in (slightly pissed) from seeing Alan (NGH) using his backline and Spector Euro.

Immense!![/quote]

I think I've got the same rig/bass - I'll get a good idea today of the true sound and ability.

John, I'm disappointed for you but hey, at least you know now. :) I'm liking the neck profile on mine, it's a tiny bit fatter than my 44-02 and about the same width.

I'll do some recording at our rehearsal this afternoon and se how it cuts through.

[quote name='Sean' post='359413' date='Dec 20 2008, 10:12 AM']I think I've got the same rig/bass - I'll get a good idea today of the true sound and ability.

John, [size=3][b]I'm disappointed for you but hey, at least you know now[/b][/size]. :) I'm liking the neck profile on mine, it's a tiny bit fatter than my 44-02 and about the same width.

I'll do some recording at our rehearsal this afternoon and se how it cuts through.[/quote]

TBH Sean, I'm not disappointed in the bass in any way (and that isn't just sales pitch :huh: ). If I didn't have a long term relationship with my SSI I think I'd have been over the moon with the Spector. That isn't to say that the Wick is better than the Spector, they are just different and I happen to prefer 'certain' aspects of the Wick. :huh:

I'm sure if we got half a dozen bassists together who all had various Streamers or Spectors we'd all find one that we preferred above the others and that's how it is with this bass. Whoever buys it will be over the moon and may well not care for my SSI in the slightest, though they'd be more than welcome to come along and do an A/B before buying. :huh:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='359670' date='Dec 20 2008, 04:03 PM']Is it any greater of a temptation @ £650 and that includes case, straplocks, a set of gold coloured knobs (quality ones not naff alloy) along with the standard ones AND delivery?[/quote]
It's getting extremely close to being too good to refuse. :)