Why become a member? ×

Top of the Pops in 68

ARGH

[quote name='guzzibass' post='357367' date='Dec 17 2008, 09:56 PM']Ok - fast forward to 1971 Middle of the Road - Jazz bass and Sally Carr looking great in those hot pants :)

[url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq6TRf2iMbI&feature=related"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq6TRf2iMbI&...feature=related[/url][/quote]

Cor blimey guv, I had to put a new battery in me pacemaker phwoar

[quote name='guzzibass' post='357367' date='Dec 17 2008, 09:56 PM']Ok - fast forward to 1971 Middle of the Road - Jazz bass and Sally Carr looking great in those hot pants :)

[url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq6TRf2iMbI&feature=related"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq6TRf2iMbI&...feature=related[/url][/quote]

Jazz bass? I didn't see a bass at all.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='356516' date='Dec 16 2008, 11:20 PM']Very mysterious basses - find one, and you'll be a rich man (or woman).[/quote]

Steve Currie's exact bass was on eBay not so long ago - I think it passed through Entwistle's hands before reaching him, which makes it an even bigger piece of rock history!

[quote name='acidbass' post='357443' date='Dec 17 2008, 11:41 PM']Steve Currie's exact bass was on eBay not so long ago - I think it passed through Entwistle's hands before reaching him, which makes it an even bigger piece of rock history![/quote]

It had a Guild humbucker added at the bridge, unfortunately. See it [url="http://www.modernmusic.co.uk/collectibles_and_rarities/sold/t_rex_steve_currie_bass.php"]here[/url].

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='356511' date='Dec 16 2008, 11:12 PM']I was 14. Falling in love with 'Relics', Yes, Wishbone Ash and Afghan coats if I can remember correctly.

Oh as well as the girl next door :)[/quote]

Incidently i was jamming with a band last night playing Yes's "Parallels" with the BB5000 :huh:

You sir are a man of good taste, So much so that it completely outclasses my tender 23 years.

Edited by Shockwave

Ha ha,

As a former soundman at Butlins Skegness, I have worked with most of this lot!

How the mighty fall!

Sorry to continue the "Bobby Charlton" negativity, but Alan Price certainly was a a**ehole the time I got to work with him. Hearing him sing geordie folklore songs should have made me beam with pride from my home area, not make me ashamed and want to pull the plug on the arrogant f**ker.

Funny listening to him trying to sing "No, don't stop the carnival" with a Jamaican lilt but just sounding more geordie!

P.S. Before my fellow geordies have a go at me, I also worked with Hilton Valentine and John Steel as an Animals rehash and they were lovely blokes!

P.P.S. I seem to remember the lady from Middle of The Road is still quite attractive for her age now.

[quote name='Huge Hands' post='357484' date='Dec 18 2008, 12:50 AM']Ha ha,

Sorry to continue the "Bobby Charlton" negativity, but Alan Price certainly was a a**ehole the time I got to work with him. Hearing him sing geordie folklore songs should have made me beam with pride from my home area, not make me ashamed and want to pull the plug on the arrogant f**ker.[/quote]
You aint the first ,Ive heard to say such a thing,Ive had a few tales from the lot at Minehead about,old acts,some are utter diamonds,some are bitter old gits...

Mud always got a crowd going,one bloke from Bucks Fizz is a tosser,if you knew who wore a wig then and REALLY wears one now...weight gain,SHE SHOULDNT be wearing that at her age,....yep I bet you have a few.

[quote name='ARGH' post='357492' date='Dec 18 2008, 01:10 AM'],one bloke from Bucks Fizz is a tosser,[/quote]

No, no, Bobby Gee is a cracking bloke! You've got to get to know him first though, I will admit I did think similar things at first. His missus Heidi is hot too and used to bake me cakes every week!

[quote name='Weird War' post='356319' date='Dec 16 2008, 07:52 PM']The Move = great band.[/quote]

+2, I'd never listened to them before (bar Blackberry Way), but after watching the video you posted I've ordered the 4CD Anthology, saw it at a great price by pure coincidence! Should be here before Christmas :)

[quote name='acidbass' post='357850' date='Dec 18 2008, 12:53 PM']+2, I'd never listened to them before (bar Blackberry Way), but after watching the video you posted I've ordered the 4CD Anthology, saw it at a great price by pure coincidence! Should be here before Christmas :)[/quote]

Excellent - the singles are particularly good. Then you can move onto ELO, Wizzard and (for the hardcore) Roy Wood solo...! :huh: