Why become a member? ×

Anyone want to borrow a five string?

waynepunkdude

[quote name='Starvolt' post='355056' date='Dec 15 2008, 02:41 PM']Shotgun it next, after beerdragon.[/quote]

Yes mate.

[quote name='johnnylager' post='355078' date='Dec 15 2008, 02:52 PM']If you put a Spurs sticker on it will it steal your manager in a vain attempt to get what it thinks the world owes it?[/quote]

Maybe but I still think mine was more witty :)

[quote name='M4L666' post='355280' date='Dec 15 2008, 07:12 PM']Me next please? I am looking into 5-stringers recently so this would be good.[/quote]

No probs

So it's

Beerdragon
Starvolt
M4L666

I think 2 weeks each? long enough to see if it's for you and not too long so you think you have loads of time and never get round to using it.

Anyway up to you guys.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='372014' date='Jan 6 2009, 02:18 PM']...it's been sitting at DHL in Maidstone since the 19th of December.[/quote]
:)

Dear Mr Punkdude,

After briefly 'playing' the silverfox's Roscoe the other week, I have decided against the kind offer of a lend of your 5-string.

On the rare chance I could erase 20 years of muscle-memory, I would end up wanting one and in the interests of lager family dynamics, this is utterly out of the question.

I would however like to send you a sticker with which to adorn said bass. After all, you have taken everything else that Pompey once held dear. Except the FA Cup. And Glenn Johnson.

Yours,

Mr Lager

[quote name='johnnylager' post='372038' date='Jan 6 2009, 02:40 PM']:)

Dear Mr Punkdude,

After briefly 'playing' the silverfox's Roscoe the other week, I have decided against the kind offer of a lend of your 5-string.

On the rare chance I could erase 20 years of muscle-memory, I would end up wanting one and in the interests of lager family dynamics, this is utterly out of the question.

I would however like to send you a sticker with which to adorn said bass. After all, you have taken everything else that Pompey once held dear. Except the FA Cup. And Glenn Johnson.

Yours,

Mr Lager[/quote]

I think you will find we have taken the FA cup 8 times :huh:

I'm sure Ben will put a Pompy sticker on it.

This is such a great community-spirited idea, I'm certainly going to keep coming back to check progress. I wish I could join in but I haven't done a bass guitar gig in about 15 years. Much praise to you Mr Punkdude sir for kicking this off with such a generous and, may I say, imaginative gesture. :)

What a totally fantastic getsure and great idea. I would love to join the party and will send a PM as soon as I have finished typing this.

Next question - what sticker?

All we need is someone to do the same with a fretless .....

[quote name='Paul S' post='372342' date='Jan 6 2009, 07:30 PM']What a totally fantastic getsure and great idea. I would love to join the party and will send a PM as soon as I have finished typing this.

Next question - what sticker?

All we need is someone to do the same with a fretless .....[/quote]
Yeah! We need one of every strange bass variant! I reckon we need communal:

Fretlesses
Shortscales
in 4,5 and 6 variants.
Who's with me?