Why become a member? ×

What cheap Wireless system?

isteen

1 hour ago, Chienmortbb said:

That looks a good deal. At the original price it is a bit steep but AT is quality equipment.

Please explain for the benefit of simpletons like me (ok probably just me) why this is a better bit of gear than my Smoothhound and why I should upgrade to this?

20 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Please explain for the benefit of simpletons like me (ok probably just me) why this is a better bit of gear than my Smoothhound and why I should upgrade to this?

Latency. Everything else is down to taste.

2 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

Of course, the pro solution is something like ULXD running in high density mode... so digital, in say, ch38... gives you the ability to run up to 189 units.. (assuming no interference in the spectrum) as opposed to your typical 12 analogue units. Madness. :P

When digital microphones were first mooted, the 5GHz band was alocated but  non of the manufacturers took it up. The reason a separate band was alloctaed was that analoge and digital siganls could not co-exist in the same band. If multiple digital units were allowed inside the Ch38 band, would that not preclude the use of analogue systems.

Also the AT and ULXD do not seem to have published delay figures. Are they any better than the Smoothhound?

2 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

When digital microphones were first mooted, the 5GHz band was alocated but  non of the manufacturers took it up. The reason a separate band was alloctaed was that analoge and digital siganls could not co-exist in the same band. If multiple digital units were allowed inside the Ch38 band, would that not preclude the use of analogue systems.

Also the AT and ULXD do not seem to have published delay figures. Are they any better than the Smoothhound?

I believe that they co-exist without an issue. Put it like this, I run 10 channels of ULXD and EW500 simultaneously.

For those interested in high density -

ULXD with encryption I recall to be 2.9ms.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, foxyFuze said:

For extra background, Line 6 latest generation are 1.47ms.

Kind of interesting that you could run two Line 6 wireless systems (as guitar to board, board to amp) and still get under what the majority of the competition are achieving!

3 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Ok thanks, if it's just that and not better connectivity then I'll live with the loss of 8ms from our 2 hour set 😀

Connectivity is largely driven by the environment. If you are in a high RF environment, some units will fare better than others - this is mostly due to aerial types (and placement) and transmission power. You'd have to do real world tests to accurately compare these sort of aerial/short wave aerial systems.

• Like 1

Ive switched from a Line 6 G30 to a set of Xvive 2’s and love that there is no PSU to worry about. I got them cheap, but also my guitarist recommended them to me.

Its strange but i also great glitches at home, but never at rehearsals, and neither does my guitarist. In fact he used  his (against my wishes) for our demo and there were no issues there either.

Still to gig them but so far very happy. They do seem to work better with passive basses apparently. Less interference from on board electrics.

I’m also using xvives U2s. 

Pros. I love the size and design. They are easy to use and charge quickly. I’ve had no latency or interference and done 6-7 gigs with them. Our keys player also uses them. Range is pretty good and sound quality is no difference to a cable  

Cons. I’m on my second set. I sent the first set back after getting a high pitched noise from them on 2 active basses.

They work fine on my fender jazz (passive) and my status. But neither set work on my modulus or shuker, annoying yes but not the end of the world. The advice from xvive was to extend the jack socket to alleviate the high pitched noise...??? That is the worst advice 😂

• Like 1