Why become a member? ×

Christmas Set List for Saturday

yorks5stringer

In the spirit of giving, I thought I'd share our Christmas setlist for our gig at a social club in the village I live. The Trio is being augmented on this occassion by a drummer and a saxophone player, so it should be fun. I have bought some novelty festive headgear for all the band too....

Dock of the Bay Otis
Midnight at the Oasis Maria Mulduar
Moondance Van M
Let there be Love Standard
Smooth Operator Sade
Crazy Love Van Morrison
You might need somebody Randy Crawford
Lean on Me Bill Withers
Lets Stay Together Al Green
Walk on By Dionne Warwick
Crawlin up a Hill/Hit the Road Jack Katie Melua
Grapevine Marvin Gaye
Valerie Amy Wino

Rockin around the Xmas tree ?
Last Christmas Wham
Merry Xmas everybody Slade
Son of a Preacherman Dusty
Rehab Wino
Long Train Running Doobies
Mercy Duffy
Lady Marmalade Labelle
Move on Up Curtis Mayfield
Spooky Dusty
Rescue Me Fontella Bass but we do our arrangement
Perfect Fairground Attraction
You Can't Hurry Love Diana Ross + Supremes

[quote name='gary mac' post='350736' date='Dec 10 2008, 02:07 PM']A good set list and one I would enjoy as a player or as part of the audience. Nice.

It's also reminded me that I keep meaning to put it to the band i'm in, to learn long train running. Just love that era of doobies music.

Cheers, Gary.[/quote]

We used to do China road and listen to the music too. Really nice bass parts

Disclaimer: Crawling up a Hill by Katie Melua is quite nice little song IMHO and we then run Hit the Road Jack into the end of it as it's virtually the same chords.

I actually suggested this song to the band and was met with the same incredulous response !

Normally I'd run a mile (or maybe walk a mile in your shoes) for Katie in the setlist but it does fit the demographic of our audiences too!

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='351783' date='Dec 11 2008, 02:12 PM']"to 'sex up' a young no tail. "

Sorry, It's been a long time since I was down with da kidz....what exactly does that phrase mean? :huh:[/quote]

ok aslong as you tell me what 'da kidz' is? :)

oops and it means the songs i would put on the 'gramophone' to get the young lady i was 'courting' (along with a bottle of red) in mood for a night of beautiful sin!

Edited by Rusty Shackleford

"What's wrong with Perfect"?

It's all that balancing on the barge that hacks me off, along with the mando-cello which just does not amplify well! (Sorry, look at the video!)

Actually it's one of those I've played in a number of bands over the years and it's jaunty nature has started to grate....