Why become a member? Ɨ

All Original 1972 Fender Precision Bass For Sale
Ā£2500
Suffolk

Ghost Ship

Reluctantly selling my original, 1972 P-Bass in black with a maple fretboard and white pick guard.

Includes original pick up cover, ash tray bridge cover and orange lined hard case (not pictured as itā€™s in the loft!)

Neck date is JUL72 (I think) but itā€™s been a while since I had the neck off - definitely summer 72.

Bass is light weight, at around 8lbs. Strap locks fitted but original strap buttons are included.

The instrument was purchased from Angel Guitars on Denmark St. London - the last owner was James Stevenson of various bands including Billy Idol, Generation X, Gene Loves Jezebel, Chelsea Punk Band and at the time I bought it he was gigging live with The Cult.

Overall condition is excellent for a 47 year old bass. Some cracking mojo especially the lovely patina on the top edge of the neckĀ šŸ˜€

Give me a shout if you have any questions. Would prefer collection in person however Iā€™m prepared to ship via courier at cost as long as youā€™re happy to pay for full insurance.

I also travel all over the UK for work and would be very, very happy to meet and exchange at a mutually suitable time and location.

Any questions please fire away.

IMG_0664.JPG

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_0666.JPG

IMG_0667.JPG

IMG_0668.JPG

IMG_0669.JPG

IMG_0670.JPG

IMG_0671.JPG

IMG_0672.JPG

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Chewie said:

Oooooh........ Ā never seen a black one so old....

Mind you, I havenā€™t been looking I guess.

GLWTS matey......

Black was still a custom colour back then, so they are not so common. :)Ā 

Lovely bass... Angel Music was my favourite honest vintage shop. James was a co-owner and knows a good guitar when he sees it, Iā€™m sure this one is a beauty, especially at that weight.Ā 

Iā€™m currently P-less which is odd, but on the abstinence challenge, so unfortunately Iā€™ll leave the joy of owning this one to someone else!Ā 

15 hours ago, BreadBin said:

A month too late for me!

I wonder how many tunes this was used on?

James Stevenson is a guitar player, so not many I guess. I couldn't find any pictures of him with a bass. Would be interesting to find out if he used it to perform or record..

2 minutes ago, jbu09 said:

James Stevenson is a guitar player, so not many I guess. I couldn't find any pictures of him with a bass. Would be interesting to find out if he used it to perform or record..

He bought it while on tour in the US because ā€œ I just loved itā€ was what he told me.

Ā 

i visited his house to collect the hard case and had a good chat with him at the time.

5 minutes ago, Ghost Ship said:

He bought it while on tour in the US because ā€œ I just loved itā€ was what he told me.

Ā 

i visited his house to collect the hard case and had a good chat with him at the time.

Wow... sounds like a peach

8 hours ago, Ghost Ship said:

No but I could potentially meet you somewhere = where will you be?

I will be based in Brum over easter. I'll get my flights booked and give you a nod.Ā  I may fly to London for a spot of P bass browsing.Ā 

12 hours ago, jbu09 said:

I will be based in Brum over easter. I'll get my flights booked and give you a nod.Ā  I may fly to London for a spot of P bass browsing.Ā 

Great stuff - Stansted would be easiest for me, Brum is doable and I'd be happy to meet :)Ā 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...