Why become a member? ×

GK MB 500 with a Barefaced One10? Anyone?

fretmeister

I'm thinking of an amp change - just because GAS!

Is anyone using the GK MB500 with a One10? Any thoughts on their compatibility? 

I've narrowed the try list to the MB500 and a Little Marcus 500 and now I can't decide, and I can't find a shop that has both in stock either!

• Like 1

I've just sold mine - I had the MB500 & One10

I think that they work perfectly together. I've always loved the GK sound and although the small head doesn't sound exactly like the 700RB it is very close.

The One10 astounded me at every gig knowing that such a huge sound was coming from such a small cab. At the end of the day it's still only a single 10" speaker but it was very loud for what it was.

I can't advise you on the Markbass stuff unfortunately. I tried it a few years ago and maybe because I was more into the GK sound I felt that compared to GK the Markbass was very disappointing and soulless

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sparky Mark said:

I cannot believe that a single 10 cab requires a 300 watt amp? I bet the GK MB200 would be a good partner or a Nano 300 if you fancy Markbass. 

There are some who have used the MB200 with this cab and been happy with it but I felt that I was driving the amp too hard so changed to the MB500 and it was the perfect combination for me

13 hours ago, fretmeister said:

I'm thinking of an amp change - just because GAS!

Am I correct in remembering that your "main" rig is a DG M900 + VK210? (I'm less certain I've remembered the cab correctly!). 

Is this new rig aimed at being a second rig alongside that or to take its place? 

7 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Am I correct in remembering that your "main" rig is a DG M900 + VK210? (I'm less certain I've remembered the cab correctly!). 

Is this new rig aimed at being a second rig alongside that or to take its place? 

Almost - it's a pair of One10s

I'm keeping that lot. I'm thinking of selling my Tecamp Puma 300.

It's a great amp, really loud for the claimed output but I just fancy a change to something more aggressive / excessively slappy!

I have a gk fusion 500 hybrid amp paired with the barefaced 1 ten...which is a great, small and lightweight rig. The fusion amp has 3 valves in the pre amp and a bass extender switch, if you like boosted bottom end, which i sometimes do...