Why become a member? ×

Allow me to introduce.....Mr Ric who's sold

GreeneKing

my rather stunning Rickenbacker 4003 Mapleglo. It's a 2006 model with the Vintage Tone Control.

If you look closely you can see that it is sporting a delightful little number by way of a 'Pickguardian' bridge pup surround (gives greater access and doesn't leave an unsightly hole) and those truly observant of you may note that it has a superior Hipshot bridge (easier intonation adjustment and greater stability).

It's pretty much immaculate except for a couple of tiny marks on the neck where it fell off the stand - doh!

I'm determined to get my collection down to 10 and as I already have two other Ric's I'm considering letting it go.

I have the original bridge and 'Horseshoe' as well as the Ric case.

Anyone interested?

Oh and it's the one on the left :)

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='344748' date='Dec 3 2008, 08:52 PM']I agree, but such is the nature of these things I'm not sure of the value. Rics tend to fetch a fair amount and interest would be an indicator of desirability.

What would YOU suggest :huh:[/quote]

MB1. :)
Opening start prices just recently on ebay have been £800..... A blue one made £1100+ and apparently Rickenbacker have put up there current new prices.There is also a waiting list for new basses.......So only you can come up with a realistic figure depending on how quickly you want shut of it, or need the money?? :huh:

I think you'd do better putting the original bits back on. Regardless of practical concerns, they only devalue the bass in financial terms for the majority of people.

(BTW, the only basses that come with a horseshoe are the original '60s ones, the V and C series reissues, and the CS. The 4003 has a high gain with a chrome cover which is NOT a horseshoe. But you knew that, right?)

Edited by 4000

[quote]Don't suppose you have a Rick 4001 C64 McCartney, do you?[/quote]

I certainly do, a C64S, and a Chris Squire. Both immense basses. The C64S has flats on and it's the nearest to a 'real' bass I've heard :) Both not for sale though.

Yes the Thumb is a real beauty. The neck is amazing, hewn out of granite!

The Modulus is sold awaiting collection. They are all great basses. The Warmoth is a superb workhorse, the neck is extremely comfortable.

Yep I know it's not a 'real' horseshoe. The Extra's are pure bolt on and setting the bass back to 'normal' is a straightforward option so I intend to sell 'as is' at the moment. It's just a standard Ric with fitted options really.

I'm thinking £950?

It is early.

Once I've 'refined' my collection and have my new ACG in hand I'll do a photo shoot.

Peter