Why become a member? ×

Hi from Biggles

Biggles

On 21/10/2018 at 19:58, Biggles said:

Hi all, been playing guitar for many years but six months ago bought a Fender Jazz Bass to develop the skills and as a compliment to my Gibson LP and Ibanez 6 stringers.

Like to play a mixed bag of music.

I also have a couple of Korg Keyboards.

You’ve reminded me of how much I used to love the Biggles books!

Remember to pop over to Guitarchat.co.uk for any guitar based posts :)

On 22/10/2018 at 21:35, ped said:

You’ve reminded me of how much I used to love the Biggles books!

Remember to pop over to Guitarchat.co.uk for any guitar based posts :)

The books of self styled Captain WE Johns, yes that is where my handle comes from, I read them avidly as a kid, even went on to learn to fly although not the warbirds that were flown in the books.

Just now, Biggles said:

The books of self styled Captain WE Johns, yes that is where my handle comes from, I read them avidly as a kid, even went on to learn to fly although not the warbirds that were flown in the books.

Me too! What did you learn in? Mine was a Cessna 152 probably quite ubiquitous 

Yes the same as you, flew 152’s out if Liverpool for the first 30 hours in the logbook then moved to Blackpool to fly Cherokees and Warriors to finish off the PPL. 

Flying back to Blackpool from Carlisle and was near Penrith on the Solo Navigation a Tornado went ballistic in front of me, that caused a bit of seat squirming for a while, luckily I never saw the second Tornado.

Another occasion got into an argument with Manchester AT as they had my position 20 miles South of where I was which was directly above Birch Services on the M62, been nervous of flying out of or into Manchester ever since.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Biggles said:

Yes the same as you, flew 152’s out if Liverpool for the first 30 hours in the logbook then moved to Blackpool to fly Cherokees and Warriors to finish off the PPL. 

Flying back to Blackpool from Carlisle and was near Penrith on the Solo Navigation a Tornado went ballistic in front of me, that caused a bit of seat squirming for a while, luckily I never saw the second Tornado.

Another occasion got into an argument with Manchester AT as they had my position 20 miles South of where I was which was directly above Birch Services on the M62, been nervous of flying out of or into Manchester ever since.

They seem to enjoy doing that - I was also buzzed by two Tornados when I was on my first solo at Perth, Scotland. When I came to land it was really windy and they made me use the grass runway, which hadn't been used so far that year and the grass was as long as the field it was in, so very difficult to see. When I was leaning on the door on my final turn it popped open and I nearly fell out! Happy days.