Why become a member? ×

Heart attack

bassmachine2112

I had a heart attack three months ago.  Never been better.  People paid me loads of attention, I got to contemplate death and realised it was for losers. Young women pretended to listen to my crap jokes. Really positive experience.  I say go for it.  If you get pressure on your breastbone,  indigestion, mysterious fevers and a fizzing feeling in your heart - and the cat isn't lying on your chest - call 111 and let the pros take over.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dom in Somerset said:

I've had relationships with three nurses and a doctor and played in a band with a surgeon so I'm more than qualified to offer advice.
I suspect it comes down to how you feel. Someone else has already said "heart attack" is a catch all term, the effects are many and varied.
I used to regularly play with a guy who was really knocked for six by a heart attack, he had to be careful about what he ate and drank but was playing again fairly quickly. It aged him a bit and he was never quite the same , but if you feel well enough to play then why not? 

Were they qualified Doctors and Nurses or just friends dressed up for the occasion ? :laugh1:

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, bassmachine2112 said:

Hiho I was rushed to cardiac unit .Confirmed that I had a heart attack.

I,m not stressed at all about gigging just wondering if I should scale it back a bit or just get back to normal.I think I,ll just get back to normal and keep gigging.Thanks to all for advice and thoughts-keep on keepin on

All of us with heart issues will be following your progress and hoping things go well.Glad to hear you plan to keep gigging.

Best of luck!