Why become a member? ×

Phasers. What’s Good?

fretmeister

Anyone tried the Zoom MS-70CDR?

Seems to be the swiss army knife of modulation?

Has 86 effects including 31 different chorus and modulation effects for guitar and bass are provided, including phasing, flanging, tremolo, vibrato, detuning, auto-panning, rotary speaker emulations, and pitch shifting—even an intelligent harmonizer that plays along in key. Just wondering whether it's going to add much to the MS-60B's 142 sim effects?

Zoom MS70CDR MultiStomp Chorus / Delay / Reverb

3 hours ago, Al Krow said:

I think it does, but that's based on hearsay - I'm sure one of the HX owners ( e.g. @GisserD or Hazbeen ) will be along shortly to confirm!

Fyi - this is Hazbeen's board from earlier in the year which I referred to earlier:

PB - Hazbeen 18-06.jpeg

Yes parallel paths are possible on the HXFX You can mix them to mono, or send them to separate outs. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fretmeister said:

Funnily enough - one of my favourite patches is using 2 of the Darkglass models in parallel paths with very different EQ on each... but without any amps or cabs. Just using EQ, some compression.

Does the HX do parallel paths? If it can then I might be convinced to look at the HX.

It does....

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/08/2018 at 17:16, fretmeister said:

I have an incoming Mr Black Gilamondo.

That should do the trick!

It's the thickest and chewiest phaser I ever owned and if you run a fuzz into it it will blow your mind. I was using alternately a Colorsound Bass Fuzz and a Colorsound Fuzz Box with it which were both great pairings

• Like 1