Why become a member? ×

Pulled the trigger this morning

mitchell

36 minutes ago, radiophonic said:

What style of Fuzz are we talking? The gated fuzz on the Okto Nojs (above) isn't really much use outside of synth-world IMO. I'd assumed the MXR was more of a general purpose circuit.

To be fair you have a point. In my head, whenever I see the word “fuzz” I just assume synth sounds! 

I've not seen one of these before, but I use an MXR M80 DI, and I really like it, it's a top quality, well built pedal and this looks to be of the same sort of quality....
Don't forget to Let us know how you get on with it :)

Edited by Marc S

I had one for a while and it's great. I'm pretty sure the fuzz circuit is a Superfuzz with a 2 band EQ. Couple that with a great foot-switchable octave down that tracked really well for me and a clean blend I couldn't really ask for any more from the pedal.

I shouldn't have sold it but I wanted to try out different things and as it's MXR I don't think I'd struggle to source a replacement in future. 

the sub octave and bass fuzz, I have played a few MXR pedals and they are excellent pedals.. i got this pedal this morning and my friends and I have messed with it maybe 6 or 7 hours. The Fuzz is okay, but the sub octave sometimes hardly noticeable. The Fuzz sounds some okay, but the volume is hard to control, you turn it up its okay but to loud, you turn it down and unbearable. To me this pedal is not very musical at all. It sort of bugs me cause i was going to take the money and get a Kala U bass. But thought I might need this, because on the side I am a Blues player. The youtube videos are not very accurate. I am sending it back in a few days.

13 hours ago, mitchell said:

the sub octave and bass fuzz, I have played a few MXR pedals and they are excellent pedals.. i got this pedal this morning and my friends and I have messed with it maybe 6 or 7 hours. The Fuzz is okay, but the sub octave sometimes hardly noticeable. The Fuzz sounds some okay, but the volume is hard to control, you turn it up its okay but to loud, you turn it down and unbearable. To me this pedal is not very musical at all. It sort of bugs me cause i was going to take the money and get a Kala U bass. But thought I might need this, because on the side I am a Blues player. The youtube videos are not very accurate. I am sending it back in a few days.

In that case, I stand by my earlier comment! Or just get the Ubass

On 22/08/2018 at 23:05, CameronJ said:

I’d have said this is a better option:

But the trigger is already pulled so let us know how you get on with the MXR!

Edited by CameronJ
  • Like 1

Its me again about the MXR Sub Octave bass fuzz. I spent more time with it today. I am torn do I want to get rid of it or not. You play each effect separate they suck, but if you turn the gain about middle and fuzz about about a quarter way up, the octave about 3 quarter and dry a little over half I love it. It would be a pedal you would set and leave it alone just turn it on and off. The 2 effects working together is cool. But like i said turn one off you will lose volume. I am thinking about keeping it and just leave it set like said above, do you think I am crazy.

4 hours ago, mitchell said:

Its me again about the MXR Sub Octave bass fuzz. I spent more time with it today. I am torn do I want to get rid of it or not. You play each effect separate they suck, but if you turn the gain about middle and fuzz about about a quarter way up, the octave about 3 quarter and dry a little over half I love it. It would be a pedal you would set and leave it alone just turn it on and off. The 2 effects working together is cool. But like i said turn one off you will lose volume. I am thinking about keeping it and just leave it set like said above, do you think I am crazy.

When there are soooo many awesome sub octave fuzzed out there... Yes I think your limiting yourself if there is only one sound in the mxr that you like. 

Having had experience with one myself... I would send it back and try the oktonojs. The redwitch zeus is also another excellent choice. 

Edited by GisserD
  • Like 2