Why become a member? ×

Warwick john entwistle buzzard

ssab

can anybody give me some idea of how much a second hand `Buzzard `would cost.
I think it was issued when the original Bass was made for Entwistle possibly 1980`s.
i do know that it is not one of the recent models.
Can anybody throw any light on this?
Thanks in advance.

According to Buzzardbass.com, only around 100 Buzzards were produced by Warwick back in the day. Of these, 40 were painted and 60 were oil finish (natural wood finish). Apparently also "Only the first 20 had the Entwistle trademark forward master volume knob with top mounted jack.", which I guess is this config:

Here's the page with the info: [url="http://www.buzzardbass.com/Warwick/Warwick.htm"]Buzzardbass Warwick page[/url]

Anyway, long story short, you're looking at a lot of money if its a genuine early Warwick Buzzard. Personally though I think the Status Buzzard was the best variant, and apparently so did JE.

MB1. :)
THE REASON IT REVERTED BACK TO WARWICK!
After johns son signed over the rights to the buzzard design to warwick,Status were warned make anymore of these and we,ll send Big Vern and the boys round! So the story goes!.
O those Germans!.

And dont ever make the mistake of mentioning the 'W' word in front of Rob and Dawn, as I did, i'm still wiping the spit out my eyes!!!

On the Buzzard front, I recall the very early 'W&%*@?K' models had the beak head and a single piece bridge
this is about 1986

this is a thru neck 2003 edittion

and the bolt on has the standard paddle head that looks totally wrong.

I had a go in the one at the bass center last summer and was very disappointed,

The last Status one that sold on 'bay went for £10,000

Edited by G-77

[quote name='G-77' date='Jul 23 2007, 05:52 PM' post='36019']
And dont ever make the mistake of mentioning the 'W' word in front of Rob and Dawn, as I did, i'm still wiping the spit out my eyes!!!

On the Buzzard front, I recall the very early 'W&%*@?K' models had the beak head and a single piece bridge
this is about 1986

this is a thru neck 2003 edittion

and the bolt on has the standard paddle head that looks totally wrong.

I had a go in the one at the bass center last summer and was very disappointed,

The last Status one that sold on 'bay went for £10,000

MB1. AHA G77 LAD!
That Status Buzzard belonged to Mark Gooday from Ashdown ,and was given to him by John Entwistle,along with the original hiwatt 100 bass head(the one with "the ox" on the front).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I have an early Warwick Buzzard dating from the late 80's.
It has the natural wood finish, straight through neck but does not have the forward volume control mentioned above.
I gigged with it for many years and it is a really nice guitar. I don't really gig much these days and could be persuaded to part with it for the right money, is anyone seriously interested??

[quote name='Wil' post='36193' date='Jul 23 2007, 11:23 PM']I wonder if there are any Modulus Buzzards in circulation? I know they made a few. Be interesting to find out how they compared to the Status ones.[/quote]
Apparently not as consistent. I'd love a Status one!

Anyone seen this on the 'Bay yet?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Status-Graphite-Bass-Guitar-Buzzard-2-John-Entwistle_W0QQitemZ110160463609QQihZ001QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Status-Graphite-Bass...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

Item number 110160463609

I believe Status will still make you a B-2 (the same as the one on eBay) - this is also an authorised Entwistle design, has most of the features of Status' original all-graphite Buzzard (including his pickups and circuit), and has the cachet of being his last authorised design. It just doesn't have quite as outlandish looks as the original.

I've played the Warwicks too... they were hugely disappointing. :)

IMO, youve got to be able to emulate JEs playing to warrant owning a Buzz. Id hate to see some bloke with a black Buzz round his neck playing some root fifth pattern, or even worse.......playing Cant Get Enough of Your Love.

Then again, I am biaised, John is my demi god and the reason I play.

Im afraid, if you own a Buzz, you need a smallish rig to go with it:

Edited by neilb

Here's John making a rather more conventional model from Hans Peter sound good:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7w8a4BwmYc&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7w8a4BwmYc...ted&search=[/url]

Edited by neilb

[quote name='neilb' post='47095' date='Aug 18 2007, 11:20 AM']IMO, youve got to be able to emulate JEs playing to warrant owning a Buzz. Id hate to see some bloke with a black Buzz round his neck playing some root fifth pattern, or even worse.......playing Cant Get Enough of Your Love.

[/quote]

MB1. :)

"practicing at home, always did annoy johns neighbours.............. in Bolton" :huh:

[quote name='neilb' post='47095' date='Aug 18 2007, 11:20 AM']IMO, youve got to be able to emulate JEs playing to warrant owning a Buzz. Id hate to see some bloke with a black Buzz round his neck playing some root fifth pattern, or even worse.......playing Cant Get Enough of Your Love.

[/quote]

[font="Arial Black"][/font][b][/b]Jeez, is that your rig? Does it blow women's clothes off during gigs??!!