Why become a member? ×

Nottingham bass bash - THIS SATURDAY 28th

budget bassist

So i just got off the phone with the manager of the grosvenor, she wanted £5 a head for food, and since i have no guarantee of numbers, i thought i'd better not risk it, sorry guys! ;)

She also scared me, said she had booked it for someone else, but i don't think she realised we only wanted it for the daytime, long story short, it's still on!

I'll be in Mrs1964's people carrier, and will have room for a couple of people plus some gear. Happy to pick one or two up from the station (Sam, I'll be coming through Hucknall if you want to avoid the tram?)

After several basses in and some out in recent weeks, I think I'll bring the Shuker, Thumb, Stingray and fretless Jazz. Probably won't bring the re-issue P unless anyone particularly wants to try one?

And I'm looking forward to having a go on my old $$!

Edited by simon1964

I'm hoping to have the Lakland necked Jazz ready but have just remembered I have run out of strings. Could get some on the way or does anyone have a set they can sell me and bring to the bash ?
Not too bothered what they are old / new ! just need to string it up . I do have some Elixir Nano B's but not the E, A , D, G 's....doh ;)

[quote name='Prosebass' post='421137' date='Feb 27 2009, 05:17 PM']I'm hoping to have the Lakland necked Jazz ready but have just remembered I have run out of strings. Could get some on the way or does anyone have a set they can sell me and bring to the bash ?
Not too bothered what they are old / new ! just need to string it up . I do have some Elixir Nano B's but not the E, A , D, G 's....doh ;)[/quote]

I've got an old set of Elixirs lying around somewhere, which you're welcome to have!

[quote name='simon1964' post='421140' date='Feb 27 2009, 05:19 PM']I've got an old set of Elixirs lying around somewhere, which you're welcome to have![/quote]

Unfortunately the 5 string won't be finished as I have just realised the Jin-Ho tuners don't fit ? well not to my liking anyway but I'll still cross your palm for the strings and fetch the bass for anyone to comment on.
Will be fetching the Forth Bridge Precision and the Gazzumper Knee bass and Kennyrodgs Roland DB 500 combo.
See you there

cheers...Paul

[quote name='simon1964' post='421122' date='Feb 27 2009, 05:06 PM']I'll be in Mrs1964's people carrier, and will have room for a couple of people plus some gear. Happy to pick one or two up from the station (Sam, I'll be coming through Hucknall if you want to avoid the tram?)[/quote]
I think i'll be having to go down an hour or so earlier so i can get my SUB from my mum's house, and i may be getting a lift off my dad, thanks for the offer though ;)
The $$ shall be there regardless though!

Edited by budget bassist

Hi All

Sorry for the late notice, but the dragon in law is coming out of hospital this afternoon anfter a longish stay, so I may be grounded. I will do my best, I know which I would rather do!!.

If I don't get there BB please PM me your paypal details, I will send over my entry money, not fair to let you down this late.

Fingers crossed

Steve

[quote name='budget bassist' post='421798' date='Feb 28 2009, 05:10 PM']Thanks for coming everyone! It was pretty cool meeting some of you guys and trying your basses!

And don't worry about it steve, i took enough money to cover the room and then some (the rest will go to a musical charity anyway). Oh and cheers for the pint Gazm :)
I'll upload my photos shortly[/quote]

Really enjoyed it. Some lovely basses - but i now have GAS for a Ric!

Thanks for organising it Sam. Looking forward to the next one!

Edited by simon1964

Sorry if I was inadvertently responsible for causing ric-gas, was nice to see her being passed around like the ten bob whore she truly is at heart :) Anyone who missed out can catch up with her tomorrow at the afternoon jam at the Greyhound in Beeston for a turn...Oh and Simon I couldn't get Tube Station out of my head so I've just learned it at home!
Well done BB for organising it. Right ratio of basses to bass rigs, meant that it didn't get overblown with too many playing at once, which I thought the last N'hampton full bash suffered from.

Edited by KevB