Why become a member? Ɨ

Eich bassboard

laranjo

HiĀ 

Anybody can explain me how the eich bassboard work?. i mean , we have to play near of the board or with our feets up on the board.. sorry this stupid question but i really dont. šŸ˜‚

Can you explain me?

Regards

Helder LaranjoĀ 

2 minutes ago, laranjo said:

Using your regular bass amp (head)?

Yes, a TC Electronic BH800. I use the spectracomp toneprint which helps keep the board punchy.Ā 

Full rig is bass > Roland VB99 > TC BH800 > Bassboard

Headphones and computer connected to VB99

...but yes you could use your regular bass amp into the board and either plug your headphones into your amp or even the board has a headphone out.Ā 

IIRC the board behaves like an 8ohm cabinet.Ā 

• 4 years later...

I popped over to Bass Direct earlier today to try out the Eich Bassboard. I was left less than enthused and more confused.Ā 
I guess it does what it's supposed to do which is give you the feel of bass through your feet. I stepped on and off the board whilst playng and to be honest there was no WOW factor so for that reason i decided to leave it alone. Also it's not silent and i understand why it is not.

Ā 

The board is about as heavy as a barefaced Big Baby II and since i'd need to carry an amp for both, it may be just as effective to carry that cab and elevate it so that is about chest height and stand close to it.

Ā 

I will have a think about it and maybe think again after my next gig with the IEM system.

I have been through various DIY projects of bass monitoring.Ā  Following surgery I prefer to sit down to play so I purchased a Fischer Amps Buttkicker and fixed it to my stool.Ā  To drive it I had a small mixer for bass and kick drum mic into a power amplifier.

Ā 

Later I built two platforms, a four transducer and a two transducer version.Ā  Both worked fine although there were a few mechanical tolerance problems with the moving parts of the transducers clearing the wooden platform.Ā  My woodworking skills are not brilliant.Ā  Due to house moving neither were completely finished and are currently in store.Ā I found a really good web article about building a DIY platform.Ā  I have been trying to locate it again but alas I can't find it, I do however have the photos from it.Ā 

Ā 

More recently I have adopted a different approach and acquired an Eich active drum stool which is fed with drums through and Ashdown Ant and a Backbeat on the strap for my bass.Ā 

Ā 

To be quite honest I find the Backbeat to be the best solution so far.Ā 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bass_dinger said:

I recall a post on Basschat, it which someone shared that they had bought a shaker unit separately, and installed it into a home-made platform.

Ā 

Thus, I wondered how easy it would be to make a bassboard, if one could source a shaker unit.

I played a venue in Amsterdam that had a homemade baseboard supplied. It was a good novelty and made up for the ampless stage but when I went running off to the guitarists side my legs felt weird! It also had a massive engine thing sticking out the back and was heavier than a dead trucker. It was a nice novelty but a four hour gig has probably given me arthritis. I won't be buying one for personal use.