Why become a member? ×

Landlord can "get bands for free", oh no.

1 hour ago, Dad3353 said:

Can you imagine someone flying to Scotland for eighteen holes of golf, then flying back to Milwaukee, for their sole pleasure (and because they have the wherewithall, of course...)..? I don't see any difference (except for the wherewithall, of course..!). 

I totally understand why you'd do it for a good cause or a venue you know will be a great night out, I can even understand you doing it for a crap venue that a mate is running but to drive to an unknown venue with no facilities for live music for free is a step too far for me, if I was that way inclined I'd want payment of some kind and pass it directly to charity, the landlord's pocket is not a registered charity ;)

4 minutes ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

I totally understand why you'd do it for a good cause or a venue you know will be a great night out, I can even understand you doing it for a crap venue that a mate is running but to drive to an unknown venue with no facilities for live music for free is a step too far for me, if I was that way inclined I'd want payment of some kind and pass it directly to charity, the landlord's pocket is not a registered charity ;)

I've never been bothered by other folk's earnings.

"I've has found a website where I can get bands for free!"

Yes, of course he has. The bloke is a total chancer. Definitely sounds like yet another decent venue disappearing down the bonzo dog. Have you got enough other decent regular haunts to make up for it? Small consolation I know, but.

52 minutes ago, Rich said:

Yes, of course he has. The bloke is a total chancer. Definitely sounds like yet another decent venue disappearing down the bonzo dog. Have you got enough other decent regular haunts to make up for it? Small consolation I know, but.

Quick! everybody pile into the backroom of the George. But before you do, check out Ben's graffiti of the Queen... and Hendrix... isn't that right @stingrayPete1977?

1 hour ago, Rich said:

We'll have to ask him to send us a link to this site! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

There isn't really a great music venue is there? The George has a nice space but it's out the back, that place on the corner that was Lloyds no1 was going to have bands but we never followed it up fully. 

No - not really! Mind you, it's never really been the hub of the music world has it?!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2018 at 05:03, Bluewine said:

I realize I'm a Yankee. But how can anyone not want money?

I can't imagine myself after stainding on my feet performing for 4 hours and after tearing down and packing lights and sound at 2:00 AM saying;

" Oh no, that's ok I don't want any money. I do this completely for free"

Blue

If a band is any good, they will expect to be paid. I therefore must assume that bands that never get paid are just not very good.