Dear guest,

Welcome to the biggest community for bass players in Europe. You'll find the site a great source of information and advice.

Why not sign up now and:

• Say hello - tell us about your playing, your gear and where you're from.
  • Search the database for inspiration or to find out more about your instrument
  • Upload an avatar and profile picture
  • Buy one of the thousands of items in our marketplace
  • Safely sell your items to a community of proven enthusiasts
  • Upload pictures, audio and videos
  • Buy exclusive items at discount through our shop (coming soon!)

Go on, click the button and become part of it today!

New: Sign up and get 20% off tickets for the London Bass Guitar Show - and we'll see you there!

itsmedunc

Handbuilt bass anyone?

I quite like the body shape, it's a shame the headstock looks so "Heath Robinson" as it looks like he used decent materials to build it, I would be tempted to chop the headstock off and convert it to a pretty cool looking headless bass?

11 minutes ago, Roger2611 said:

I quite like the body shape, it's a shame the headstock looks so "Heath Robinson" as it looks like he used decent materials to build it, I would be tempted to chop the headstock off and convert it to a pretty cool looking headless bass?

Hi Roj, long time no hear! It's the head thats a big problem for me. It looks like a moose! May very well weigh as much too. Has a 60's Eastern European look...

• Like 1

I like the body - the rest? Not so much...

Remember...NO NEED FOR AGUSTING

I can't remember the last time I agusted....

Junk! The tuners are back to front - except for the wacky 'G' tuner where the baseplate is overlapping one of the others. It looks like this has been put together by someone who doesn't understand the basics of how a bass works and didn't plan the project properly. What are the odds that it is impossible to intonate?

26 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Junk! The tuners are back to front - except for the wacky 'G' tuner where the baseplate is overlapping one of the others. It looks like this has been put together by someone who doesn't understand the basics of how a bass works and didn't plan the project properly. What are the odds that it is impossible to intonate?

Just like a 60's Eastern European bass!

This is near to me, crops up on my local bass searches. It's been on eBay a while now, strange combination of what looks to be solid if bizarrely implemented woodwork and clueless, hamfisted bodgery. I'm thinking the scratchplate, dodgy tuners and wonky string trees were added later. 

Yet another monstrosity at another silly price.  Ebay's never short of dreamers

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 1

On 12/02/2018 at 21:31, fleabag said:

Yet another monstrosity at another silly price.  Ebay's never short of dreamers

but it's a vintage monstrosity so its worth more innit:crazy:

Some basses listed under the vintage umbrella defy logic. He must be looking for a seller suffering from hard of thinking