Why become a member? ×

New Bass Day....

Fastra

Well, after some humming and ahhhing...

My 50th birthday present turned up last Friday.
Fender Precision Professional in Candy Apple Red, from PMT in Manchester.

Initially I was wanting a Precision Active Deluxe (in surf pearl) but after trying one in Dawsons and comparing to the American Pro they had it was clear that the American version for far superior – to me anyway.
Possibly just down to the string through body, but it just literally sang, felt so much more alive and I thought the quality of ‘heft’ was particularly telling – it felt more solid.

Then after spending an hour or so on my birthday (with an unusually attentive wife...!!!:biggrin::biggrin:) trying their American Pro (which actually didn’t feel brilliantly set-up compared to the one at Dawsons) I picked up a Nat Mandel Precision.
flip, I wish I hadn’t!!!
¬¬
Immediately the output of its Quarter Pounders was so marked – quite a bit louder and with a more pronounced growl – also I think the neck was more appealing, very familiar to my Yamaha BB424 so that was probably the reason it felt good.

But, the Pro won out for me.
It’s a special thing to me this – I can’t see me spunking this much money again on a guitar  – I know, I know it’s only a bloody mid range bass, but as I say it’s a special purchase this so it had to be the American Pro – plus you get a lovely case too :biggrin:
Ordered it last Wednesday and it arrived on Tuesday, but could only pick it last Friday due to work commitments.

Picked it up and its perfect!!
I’m a fussy git, but couldn’t find a single thing wrong with it – both in how it plays and cosmetically.
The boys and PMT were awesome too – unknown to me, my Mum and Dad had nipped in 4 days earlier to pay off the remainder after my deposit and they played along with it right up until the end when I was about to pay when they then gave me an invoice saying nothing to pay!
They also chucked in guitar stand too.

Played it on Saturday night at a gig and it was brilliant - the neck is definetley different to what I'm used to, but it's by no means a negative.
The action is so much better, more easier to play and it’s tone is unmistakably P-bass, plus got lots of comments on the colour from the ladies too – really, really pleased with it.

...Just need to learn to play proper now.:biggrin::biggrin:

20180202_170547.jpg

20180202_170705.jpg

20180202_170719.jpg

20180202_170955.jpg

DSCN0459crop.jpg

Edited by Fastra
stupidness
  • Like 10