Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender Jazz Bass 1973 SOLD

mistahbenn

[quote name='mistahbenn' post='327861' date='Nov 12 2008, 07:10 PM']1973 Jazz bass, Sunburst, rosewood fingerboard, all original apart from renewed vol pot and obviously strings.
Good things!
A great sounding original early 73 bass, nicely mojo'd, great feeling neck, all original metalwork, feels great looks great and sounds wicked.

The one bad thing, Every bass has some history and some vintage fenders have some imperfection, this one used to be owned by an egg head who decided to give her a battle scar. A small route underneath a custom black cover, obviously worked on by a pro. There was a switch that changed polarity of a pickup. I have had this rewired correctly by Ady at Music Ground. This in no way affects the playability and sound of the bass. Ive spoken with Clive Brown who is an expert restorer, he said he could touch up the scar and have it looking pretty invisible for reasonable money, but he also said I could put a sticker over it. Up to the next owner.

(Meet new kitty Bootsy :))
Ive seen my absolute ultimate bass. Im afraid I dont gig this one as much as Id like because I need 5 strings. Ive gigged this out a few times, and it sounds fantastic! Really punchy, clear, but with that vintage tone. You can really 'feel' this bass. Ive also got a tortoiseshell plate which will be included.

Open to offers of cash money. Id like to get back most of what I paid, as these just increase in value. You know the score.

Sorry for the long winded advert and the poor pictures.[/quote]

Pics aren't showing?

[quote name='Beedster' post='327901' date='Nov 12 2008, 07:58 PM']Any idea why I can't chaps? All I can see are those white boxes with red X's?[/quote]

Silly Question but are you signed in?

Steve

EDIT: Of course you are or you couldn't have posted the question :blush: :)

Sorry cant help then! Nice bass btw!

Edited by birdy

[quote name='Beedster' post='327995' date='Nov 12 2008, 10:19 PM']Oh go on then :)[/quote]
If you are accessing it from somewhere other than home, it might because the photo hosting site is being blocked by a firewall somewhere. Lovely mojo'd bass, my usual resistance to old Fenders weakens in view of something this funky looking.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='328272' date='Nov 13 2008, 12:03 PM']If you are accessing it from somewhere other than home, it might because the photo hosting site is being blocked by a firewall somewhere. Lovely mojo'd bass, my usual resistance to old Fenders weakens in view of something this funky looking.[/quote]
Make me an offer then :) You wont be disapointed my friend...

[quote name='Beedster' post='327901' date='Nov 12 2008, 07:58 PM']Any idea why I can't chaps? All I can see are those white boxes with red X's?[/quote]

are you at work/ a place of high security (prison :huh: )?. I can never see the pics at work in case they are a massive set of wing wangs or summin. but am ok when peole put them as attachents. So if everybody could put there pics as attachemnts form now on thank you :)

edit - i'm not drunk.

Edited by Rusty Shackleford