Jump to content
Why become a member? Read more... ×
Al Krow

If you could only choose one overdrive pedal?

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, mcnach said:

Aha! Indeed.

Yes, if I had intentions to use other midi-capable pedals then fine, but it doesn't look like I am going that way. So... I'll just bend over and use the switches manually and/or get a second or even third Aftershock. :)

Glad I realised this before I bought a Gecko. I had not even thought how they connect together :D I assumed USB.

You're not a chap who does things by halves are you:

"I nearly sold my AS" - - > "I'm thinking about getting several!!" 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got round to doing a shoot out between the BBBOD and Orange Burst. The OB gets close and is a great pedal but just can't match the Blueberry... this thing is a dream. Gave it some much needed TLC since it's been bashed around so much! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

You're not a chap who does things by halves are you:

"I nearly sold my AS" - - > "I'm thinking about getting several!!" 😂

 

If I make mistakes, I make them thoroughly :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/10/2018 at 15:54, Al Krow said:

You're not a chap who does things by halves are you:

"I nearly sold my AS" - - > "I'm thinking about getting several!!" 😂

 

Ah, it looks like the SA Tap-tempo switch can be used to toggle between 'channels'... so if you set up a preset using two different overdrive engines on each channel, in parallel, then you can select to alternate between them, or (I think) even rotate between one, the other, and both combined. Now that's worth a look :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've gone down the Neurohub + Gecko route as a more comprehensive alternative to the Tap Tempo, as I have a couple of SA pedals rather than just one.

But I totally agree that the Tap Tempo pedal is a more cost effective and simpler (neater) option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, it’s wrong. I hold my head in shame. 

Despite the claims of “tone suck” and many having it... I just can’t stop using this for those dial-an-overdrive sounds... (plus it makes a cracking boost...)

y89T4or.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had one of those modded for more low end as my first bass overdrive. Great pedal, replaced it witha BB Preamp although if I'm honest I might have slightly preferred the BM!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bridgehouse said:

Ok, it’s wrong. I hold my head in shame. 

Despite the claims of “tone suck” and many having it... I just can’t stop using this for those dial-an-overdrive sounds... (plus it makes a cracking boost...)

y89T4or.jpg

Not at all "wrong" mate 🙂 I've been through many many overdrives ( expensive and cheap)and the bad monkey into a tube amp or VT bass, p bass with a pick is my no1 overdrive :-)(got 2 spares)....... unmodified ,low and high eq just from maxed and gain a quarter, using the amp sim output(mixer) really is a perfect light growley drive for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, danbowskill said:

Not at all "wrong" mate 🙂 I've been through many many overdrives ( expensive and cheap)and the bad monkey into a tube amp or VT bass, p bass with a pick is my no1 overdrive :-)(got 2 spares)....... unmodified ,low and high eq just from maxed and gain a quarter, using the amp sim output(mixer) really is a perfect light growley drive for me.

I’m glad I’m not alone! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mcnach said:

 

Ah, it looks like the SA Tap-tempo switch can be used to toggle between 'channels'... so if you set up a preset using two different overdrive engines on each channel, in parallel, then you can select to alternate between them, or (I think) even rotate between one, the other, and both combined. Now that's worth a look :)

Yep. i got a second had TT off here earlier in the year. Adds a lot of versatility to the AS and the TT is so small its easy to fit on a board without moving other pedals (sort of).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×