Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Lakland Duck Dunn for Sale. **SOLD**

dave_bass5

Guys.
Some of you may know my situation but for those who dont, I've just gone back to 5 string so this bass is no longer needed.
Its a fantastic bass IMO. Very fast jazz style neck and the fralin pup is very punchy.

Ive had it since Feb this year (2008) and its been well looked after although of course its been gigged. Other than a couple of small chips in the headstock i cant see any scratches or dents etc.

It comes with three pick guards. The pearl white one in the photo plus a Black one and the original white one.

Im looking for around £510 collected from central London. open to offers but not trades.

You can see more pics of it here.
[url="http://davepearce.smugmug.com/gallery/6486570_7HNmx"]Duck Dunn gallery[/url]

And full spec's on Laklands website
[url="http://www.lakland.com/dunn.htm"]Lakland[/url]

Comes with 3 year (minus how long ive had it ;-) Thomann's warranty as well.

Cheers.

EDIT: Im not going to sell the other pick guards separately at this moment in time.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='jimijimmi' post='325984' date='Nov 10 2008, 03:22 PM']Beautiful bass...

hmmmmm....love it with black scratch plate.[/quote]

Yeah, it changes the look quite a bit.

I've been torn between the black and the PW but i feel the PW matches the white binding on the neck. I also feel the PW makes it look a bit more "show band" though.
Not sure if that's good or bad.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='325986' date='Nov 10 2008, 03:25 PM']Yeah, it changes the look quite a bit.

I've been torn between the black and the PW but i feel the PW matches the white binding on the neck. I also feel the PW makes it look a bit more "show band" though.
Not sure if that's good or bad.[/quote]

its deff the black for me..the PW can make them a bit "showbiz"
the black is very cool and understated..

f***,i want it.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='326028' date='Nov 10 2008, 04:01 PM']Shame we cant do a swap :-([/quote]

i was going to suggest it but mines a 4 string and thought you would only want a five if you are interested drop me a pm

Edited by peety

Guys, i had one of these not so long ago and if your a P-bass player these basses are absolutely fantastic and at this price its a gem!

Dave, it looks fabulous with the Black scratch plate. I too have a thing about red and black basses, my red Jo5 looks just like the jazz featured a few posts above.
Good luck with with sale matey :)

[quote name='peety' post='326032' date='Nov 10 2008, 04:03 PM']i was going to suggest it but mines a 4 string and thought you would only want a five if you are interested drop me a pm[/quote]

What i meant was i wish i needed that DJ4, i'd quite happily swap even with some cash as well but for now i am sorted.
I only ever use one bass, at home or on gigs. the bass im using now is the P5 so i dont need anything else.
Im keeping my HW-1 Jazz as its nice to have a P and J although i doubt ill ever use the Jazz again. It would be nice to have a Lakland (and of course a better Jazz) but i cant see me using it.
I see no point having two P's though and thats the reason im selling the DD now.

[quote name='the_house123' post='326033' date='Nov 10 2008, 04:04 PM']Guys, i had one of these not so long ago and if your a P-bass player these basses are absolutely fantastic and at this price its a gem!

Dave, it looks fabulous with the Black scratch plate. I too have a thing about red and black basses, my red Jo5 looks just like the jazz featured a few posts above.
Good luck with with sale matey :)[/quote]

Cheers. Im sure it will go to a good home eventually. I guess it might be the wrong time of the year to be selling stuff and to be honest im in no hurry but there isnt much point it sitting around at home

buigthumb. The neck is quite thin and flat. I really liked it until the P5 arrived, now i find it a bit strange to play although its still the fastest neck i have played.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='326038' date='Nov 10 2008, 04:11 PM']What i meant was i wish i needed that DJ4, i'd quite happily swap even with some cash as well but for now i am sorted.
I only ever use one bass, at home or on gigs. the bass im using now is the P5 so i dont need anything else.
Im keeping my HW-1 Jazz as its nice to have a P and J although i doubt ill ever use the Jazz again. It would be nice to have a Lakland (and of course a better Jazz) but i cant see me using it.
I see no point having two P's though and thats the reason im selling the DD now.[/quote]

well if the DJ sells i'll be in touch

[quote name='jimijimmi' post='329041' date='Nov 14 2008, 12:50 PM']i want this bass soooo much! its bloomin beautiful!

bet you wouldnt swap my fender Precision would ya?!

:)[/quote]

Sorry. Im sorted as far as Basses go although i do fancy a Fretless at some point.

Delbert, what you offering? I could do with some fingers that actually work. Mine just get tied in knotts.