Why become a member? ×

TC TonePrint question

T-Bay

I got my hands on a spectracomp second hand and have been using it for a few weeks. I am very happy wth it but can't scratch the itch that says play around a bit BUT as it's second hand I have no idea what TonePrint (if any-could be factory setting) is on there.

I was wondering if there is a way to determine what is already on there? I can't find anything on the iPad ap which tells you but I could be missing it. I don't want to risk losing something that works but would like to have a play.

Download Toneprint app select bass then select product i.e. tc spectracomp. Then choose an artist by clicking on it and put your android phone or pad etc near the pick up and done. You can then re set to factory settings or choose another artist from the app.

[quote name='SH73' timestamp='1507060150' post='3383134']
Download Toneprint app select bass then select product i.e. tc spectracomp. Then choose an artist by clicking on it and put your android phone or pad etc near the pick up and done. You can then re set to factory settings or choose another artist from the app.
[/quote]
Yup know all that but that's not what I want. I want to know what it's already set to so I can go back to that if I want to as it works well but there could be something better.

[quote name='SH73' timestamp='1507060775' post='3383144']
I'm with you. Can't you ask the seller?
[/quote]
Pm has been sent so will hopefully get reply, but they may not remember. I would have thought there would be a way but I can't find it so far.

I understand entirely. I was trying many different tone prints on the day I got mine. Found one i like... now love it! Dont ask me which one it is tho.
Now I'm reluctant to try others as I don't know How to find this one again if I do.
It's a bit of a pain, and bad design on TCs part imo

Yup, it bugs me too! The application can't refresh with the current TonePrint and thus you won't know it's name. Which is annoying as I make so many presets I can't remember what one I liked the best. So now I have to save them Dan1 Dan2 Dan3 and just go for the highest number!

I thought you could capture the current settings using the Tone Print program. Maybe im wrong but im surei used this method to take one of the uneditable artist presets and edit it.

Then again, to my ears most of the presets sound pretty similar to me, especially when playing with the band.

I have the Corona chorus and I can't ever remember which TP I've got. I've now stopped faffing and settled for the Tom Hamilton Sweet Emotion chorus. Well done for feeding back to TC by the way, TC is the kind of company that listens to customers so hopefully we'll see an evolution of features in the future.
Corona Chorus is absolutely fantastic.

[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1507741533' post='3387659']
I have the Corona chorus and I can't ever remember which TP I've got. I've now stopped faffing and settled for the Tom Hamilton Sweet Emotion chorus. Well done for feeding back to TC by the way, TC is the kind of company that listens to customers so hopefully we'll see an evolution of features in the future.
Corona Chorus is absolutely fantastic.
[/quote]
Just got one yesterday oddly enough. I spent a very entertaining evening adding large lumps of chorus to a range of songs, some appropriately and some really not. I love it stacked with distortion but just can't dial in my distortion pedal how I want it to sound.

[quote name='T-Bay' timestamp='1507743857' post='3387697']
Just got one yesterday oddly enough. I spent a very entertaining evening adding large lumps of chorus to a range of songs, some appropriately and some really not. I love it stacked with distortion but just can't dial in my distortion pedal how I want it to sound.
[/quote]

What distortion is it?

[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1507747737' post='3387744']

What distortion is it?
[/quote]
Big bass muff deluxe, I think I need to persevere and just keep playing with the settings. Part of the problem is that I get a sound I am happy with at practice volume and then it sounds very different at gig volume (or perhaps it's the room?). I guess I need to wait until my neighbour is out and have a proper play but there always seems to be something else to practice or play with!