Why become a member? ×

SOLD

Hamster

Now back on sale as the first deal didn't happen (no fault of the buyer)

The second deal also fell through due to unfortunate circumstances! (again no fault of the buyer) - or mine come to think of it!!

=======================================================================================

This cab is made by Techsoundsystems and is in very good condition. It has a thick fabric/felt covering and comes with a quality custom made slip-on thick protective cover.

It has Neobidium magnet bass drivers and a tweeter that can be switched to off / half / full depending on what sound you prefer.
The 2x12 is rated 600watts @ 4 ohms and the cab is around 25kg.

I have relined the interior of the cab with new and denser acoustic “egg crate” foam which has it a tighter and more focussed sound.

Bought new, this would cost you around £480 shipped - I’m looking for £175 plus shipping at cost.

Collection is free & gratis, and I’ll even throw in some refreshing tea & biccys.

I’m happy to travel up to 25 miles to deliver them to your door, or meet you that distance from my home with them. I’m more or less at the M.25, Junction 11.

I can also ship them at cost as I just happen to have piles of cardboard boxes at home from Mrs Hamster’s new kitchen. Looking at Interparcel, the shipping will be around £35 with next-day fully insured delivery. If you can find and arrange cheaper shipping, then that’s groovy.

It's the same as this one:-

[url="http://81.169.170.65/beyers/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2005604"]http://81.169.170.65/beyers/catalog/produc...ucts_id=2005604[/url]

I can find some photos of the actual cab and put it on here if wanted.

edited to show better shipping rates - thanks for the pm's :)

Edited by Hamster

I used to own these cabsd and they were great before Colin did the honours with the foam. For £325 you'd be hard pushed to find anything comparable.

They use the same drivers as the Tech cabs - just a cheaper construction to reduce costs.

The 2 x 12 is worth £300 alone!!!

They are also seriously light asnd look the business too.

Is it a good idea to run these together through the same amp? Seems to me like the 1x15 would draw double the power of the 2x12 even though it can only take half the max power of the 2x12. Great price on great cabs though, but I just thought I'd throw that out there!

If I do end up splitting them, then I suppose £175 for the 2x12 and [s]£150 for the 1x15.[/s] 1x15 now sold

As for running them together, I've not found it a problem as I don't run the amp much past 50% power. When I do use the 1x15 I position it to get some boundary reinforcement from a wall or corner to increase the sensitivity. Used this way it makes quite a good difference to the low end.

Edited by Hamster

[quote name='bassbloke' post='324350' date='Nov 7 2008, 05:27 PM']Can't say I'm surprised. See, you should have asked for loads more.[/quote]

Well I got them at a very good price from you, so I'm just passing on the love :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='335744' date='Nov 24 2008, 07:05 PM']if this were 4ohms then I'd seriously consider selling my UL310 and buying this, then with the money left over I'd be able to buy my xmas pressies and have a bit left over for xmas boozing :)[/quote]

It is 4 Ohms. So start taking photos of your Epifani.

Here's some pictures that Bassbloke took (I'm happy to take them down if I'm infringing your copyright Hans!) :)

I've just checked and it is indeed a 4 ohm cab - my bad - Thanks Hans for spotting my cut/paste error from the online link!

Only things I've changed from the pictures are the corners are now the common plastic corners that are on 99% of cabs and I've done a total relining of the cab with better acoustic foam.

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='339390' date='Nov 28 2008, 11:05 AM']Got any actual pics / measurements? And your first post says it's 8 ohms, you might wanna correct that if it is indeed 4![/quote]

Pics above - size is 65cm x 65cm x 40cm

Here's what the corners look like now

Edited by Hamster